Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our converter is being built tomorrow and i need to know what size stall you guys think we need. The mods are bl tranny, ported and polished head, hks 264's, greddy 3 row, greddy exhuast manifold, veilside manifold, innovative gts58 dual bb with a .72 ar, 4 hks exhaust, and a 4" dp/mp. Originally i was going to get a 3200 but with reading some other posts on the bb it almost seems like not enough. I don't wan't to have to pull the trans for a restall. Any help is appreciated. :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
What kind of driving do you do? if it is a daily driver then 3200 "may" be better for your style of driving and it cuts down on tranny temps. (Get two coolers anyway, I have BM Hi-tek and the BM supercooler).

The 3600 would be optimal! PM Banton on this forum he went from a 3600 to a 3200 on a BL 67 and he says he loves it ..... He said it was just too stall for his taste.. I think the 4k is ok but more towards 80% drag and 20% normal driving.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Evolutionist said:
What kind of driving do you do? if it is a daily driver then 3200 "may" be better for your style of driving and it cuts down on tranny temps. (Get two coolers anyway, I have BM Hi-tek and the BM supercooler).

The 3600 would be optimal! PM Banton on this forum he went from a 3600 to a 3200 on a BL 67 and he says he loves it ..... He said it was just too stall for his taste.. I think the 4k is ok but more towards 80% drag and 20% normal driving.

hmm ok so 3200 sounds about right then. This car is more street not drag but will hit the track occasionally.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jaynite said:
whos doing the converter?

pro torque originally but after two months of waiting for it they finally admitted they couldn't come through due to lack of parts. They told me to go to pi wich is where it's coming from now.

·
Registered
532 Posts
i would go with a 3400 stall if you wont be doing too much track duty. 3200 imo wouldnt really be ideal for a 67. 3200 stalls probably are for your 61 or smaller turbos. 3400-3600 are more suited for 63-67 series turbo. of course the more track time you see with a 67, you may want to look at the pi3800 stall that boostlogic sells.
i personally went with a protorque 3500 rpm stall for my 67ptrim.

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
breakemlose said:
i have a 4500rpm pi stall. I daily drive it with only 1 tranny cooler although it's a huge one. Should I be worried?
What kind of trans temps are you seeing? If you don't have a temp gauge, I highly suggest you get one installed....there is a good chance are you are greatly reducing the the life of your tranny from the heat you are generating with a 4500 stall and only one aux cooler.

Brad

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
I am guessing you didn't read Spooldup's initial post :dunno: He is using using a smaller than 67mm turbo in the ITS gts58 (GT58 w/ ceramic BB option)...if not mistaken that turbo is good for lower to mid 500 hp depending on application. That being said, IMO the 3200 would be a good choice for your set-up on the street.

Brad

QUOTE=aznsupra]i would go with a 3400 stall if you wont be doing too much track duty. 3200 imo wouldnt really be ideal for a 67. 3200 stalls probably are for your 61 or smaller turbos. 3400-3600 are more suited for 63-67 series turbo. of course the more track time you see with a 67, you may want to look at the pi3800 stall that boostlogic sells.
i personally went with a protorque 3500 rpm stall for my 67ptrim.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
innovative says that their gts58 is good for 680hp. Does this change anything? Maybe i should bump the stall to 3400 to be safe?

banton said:
I am guessing you didn't read Spooldup's initial post :dunno: He is using using a smaller than 67mm turbo in the ITS gts58 (GT58 w/ ceramic BB option)...if not mistaken that turbo is good for lower to mid 500 hp depending on application. That being said, IMO the 3200 would be a good choice for your set-up on the street.

Brad

QUOTE=aznsupra]i would go with a 3400 stall if you wont be doing too much track duty. 3200 imo wouldnt really be ideal for a 67. 3200 stalls probably are for your 61 or smaller turbos. 3400-3600 are more suited for 63-67 series turbo. of course the more track time you see with a 67, you may want to look at the pi3800 stall that boostlogic sells.
i personally went with a protorque 3500 rpm stall for my 67ptrim.
[/QUOTE]

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
spooldup said:
innovative says that their gts58 is good for 680hp. Does this change anything? Maybe i should bump the stall to 3400 to be safe?
The final stall speed is your decision, but maybe I am confused on the GT58 turbo, but I thought is was basically in a similar catagory as a 61 mm turbo? That being the case a 3200 would fit great. There is nothing wrong with going with a higher stall either...it comes down to your preference, set-up and driving characteristics you wish to acheive.

Brad

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the input guys. I wanted a pro torque but since they couldn't come through they said to go with the pi converter so i'll give it a shot. They stalled it to ~3500-3600.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts