Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
i no this question is probably asked alot but im sorry i have school stuff going on and i dont have alot of time to read posts but i quickly read through the faqs and didnt see anything, so here is my question what is the best turbo for my 89 supra. I was thinking something like a t-66 but im not really sure what. or should i just work on the stock turbo. The turbo looks like to be in okay condition, although i might need a new one soon. i no i will need a boost controller and a boost gauge, and probably a intercooler. the car already has a hks metal head gasket(stopper type) so i should be okay there. but any answeres or anything would be appreciated. thanks

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
what the heck? t66 or stock? that's a HUGE diff.

start over. take a break from studying and think about WHERE you want your car to go. are you building a drag car? are you building a DD? are you building a ricemobile? figure out your goals first, THEN take the steps to get there....

3,796 Posts

·
no more supras
2,175 Posts
my vote... well, once again, whatever the guys said... but i would seriously just say the SP61gt turbo... seems to match anything out there that uses just a maxx adaptor, w/o the maxx adaptor.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
SP61gt

·
10'S BABY
3,835 Posts
Hey man...Like Doc said..jus kinda decide what ur goals are and go from there. Im relatively new to this and its not as easy as that. Jus decide what you want to do and we all can help you get there. Seeya ,B

B

·
0 Posts
well, technically speaking a 60-1 wheel will outflow anything thats in the t04e series.. but thats not accounting for the housings/hotside

W

·
0 Posts
Just get a T-1000 with dual centrifugal compressor outtakes and recirculated venting atmospheric valves.

LOLLLLOLOLL!!!!

As soon as I saw the topic that was exactly what I was going to post.

I think you guys are really great for even seriously replying to this thread. I swear I see this post every day, the first reply is always... "First of all, how much power do you want to gain, how do you want the car to perform"

I mean, really, how can you suggest a turbo to someone without having a detailed idea of their plans....

I just think its funny that everyone who gets a stock supra (not really everyone but lots of people) immediately start planning their upgrades...(myself included)

the list is usually 40 items long, for a grand total of 20 grand when youre in college, etc, etc...lol

Item # 1 on the list HUGE TURBO!!!

im the same way, just thought id flame someone for once...

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
Turbonetics T-102 super thumper...now THATS a big turbo...seriously though, prob a garrett T04 series...interchangable everything, bit $$ for everything you need (unless you go maxx adaptor)...we need to know what you want out of the car

·
Premium Member
5,894 Posts
bdekoning said:
well, technically speaking a 60-1 wheel will outflow anything thats in the t04e series.. but thats not accounting for the housings/hotside
OMG....... That is the most untrue statement i have ever heard....... were not going to get into that here. 60-1 doesnt flow anywhere even close to a peashooter ct-26 60-1. Give me a break.

Trey

3,796 Posts
SupraTrey said:
60-1 doesnt flow anywhere even close to a peashooter ct-26 60-1. Give me a break.

Trey
He said nothing about the ct26....he said the 60-1 wheel will out flow any wheel from the to4e series.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts