Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just installed the Night pager brake kit on my car with the 350Z track Brembo rotors, and now the saw blades dont fit any more. I havent tried the stock spare yet but I dont think it will clear either. So what kind of spare are you guys using with big brake kits?, mk4 supra, z32 300zx, RX7?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I don't suppose you are running the same wheel/tire size on the front as you do the rear? I would think the MKIV spare is your best bet.

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
I don't carry a spare tire anymore.

Simple fix.
1) Go to Walmart.
2) Find the automotive department.
3) Buy two cans of the largest semi truck sized fix a flat cans they carry. Make sure you buy the ones with hoses that screw onto your valve stem. (The ones you just push up against the stem don't work well I've found.)

I run with two of these, and have used them many times on various cars. (Lucky for me, the Supra has not had a flat yet, but sooner or later, it will I'm sure.)

I found the larger cans work best since they hold more sealant, and pressure/gas to inflate your tire up. During Hurricane CAT work, I generally buy 4 or 5 large cans, and end up using them in all 4 tires generally. (There are nails and other debris everywhere after the storms, and the rental car tires take a beating!)

Just make sure you drive for 30 miles at 50mph or more after you fill up a tire with this stuff. If you don't, it puddles in one place, and makes your tires totally out of balance.... LOL the last Tauras rental car I had shook so bad at 80mph with 6 cans total in the tires it was actually funny. I had a really big leak, so used a few cans on one tire...

On my own cars, never has been a problem. Just fill up the tire, then top off the air ASAP to 40psi and drive it at 75mph for 30 miles or so immediately. It might be rough for a few miles untill the goop is spread out around the tire inside, but then it smooths out and your good to go. (Hot weather is really good for this too, it helps to spread out the goop quicker I've noticed.)

I still have the jack, so I suppose I could remove a tire, and take it into a shop and have it fixed or replace the tire if need be.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
who needs a spire tire when you got a cell phone. but you might need reliable friends or family. haha

·
Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
1,596 Posts
Liquid tire sealnt works. I sell a product that does that and we have a demo tire that has been punctured over 100 times and has never needed to be repaired.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MK3Brent said:
Get a 5th RP01.

Problem solved. :) + +

Cant do that, I sold my RP01's, I went with something bigger and better, and that I have never seen on a mk3 yet, 18x8.5 front and 18x10 rear.

Any particlualr brand of sealant I should go for?. I was wondering about that stuff if it actually works, but if you guys say it does, I guess I will give it a shot.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
but then your fucked if you get a hole to big to seal or a blowout.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
you can buy the same patch kits that the average gas station uses to patch a tire for like $5 at your local auto parts store. Those patches hold really well as long as it isn't a sidewall. That's what I use, and about half the time you don't even need to pull the tire.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
you use it on the outside of the tire? thats wierd. seems like it would come off/out wear off..whatever. never seen em so i dunno

·
Registered
35 Posts
The patches I use at work are a plug that goes in from the inside of the tire, and a patch attached to it alittle bigger than an inch in diameter. The plugs whowants2know is talking about are the kind you just jam in from the outside I believe.
We get so many tires with fix-a-flat in them at work and everytime it seems the liquid just sits in the tire and doesnt stick to the walls of the tire at all... and it smells aweful.

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,094 Posts
Tire Slime and Fix a Flat are great if you like them corroding, rusting, and eating your rim alive. I'm also sure the people at tire shops love that crap when they change tires, haha.

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Heck, never even cared what tires were on the rental vehicles... LOL Just used the most product I could find, and it's never failed to stop a leak. Ever! I've had huge nails, bolts and even a short section of tree limb stuck through a tire, and no problems, it sealed right up, and I finished the job on those same tires.

Any tire with a cut through the side wall will need to be replaced. So, I suppose if you cut a side wall, the spare might get you home, but I'd be more inclined to get another rental car.. and ditch the one with the flat tire... LOL If it's my own car, I'm calling someone and taking the rim/tire to a tire store to have a new tire put on.

I suppose I should buy a spare SSR Comp rim in the narrowest size possible, mount a narrow tire and keep it as a spare, but I really have that way down on my list of mods for the car. (Have to use 18's to clear the BBK.)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts