Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to update my plugs . car is bpu and need some input on what plugs to use:D

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is the diffrence between the two?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and in the 40000000 times that it was coverd i was not there

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the 6097's give you a rough idle?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Hey John, its Tim.
Use the Denso Iridium IK22. I think I will be using that as well.
Bryan tried out the NGK 6097 on my car and it didn't work well. My car lost power and was missing at higher rpms even after gapping them correctly. The toyota stock plugs work better than the NGK's for BPU.

S

·
0 Posts
I've tried both the 6097's and the 3330's. The 6097's are better especially at idle.

I've ran my T78 at 25psi (104 octane) and never had a miss issue and I'm on stock ignition. The 6097's are gapped at .030"

The iridiums work well from what I understand but are much more expensive. If you have a tendecny to run rich you'll foul them about as easily as the 6097's but it will end up costing a lot more. For people that like to change plugs at every oil change, the 6097's would be more practical.

From my experience, I don't need a better performing plug than the 6097's.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Taimur said:
Hey John, its Tim.
Use the Denso Iridium IK22. I think I will be using that as well.
Bryan tried out the NGK 6097 on my car and it didn't work well. My car lost power and was missing at higher rpms even after gapping them correctly. The toyota stock plugs work better than the NGK's for BPU.
Your joking right? The stock plugs didnt work for shit for me when i was bpu. The 6097 or the 3330's work just fine. I have found out that the 6097 foul out faster but the idle is alot better than the 3330's. I want to try the iridium but thats alot of money for just plugs.

·
Chillen at the Holidae In
254 Posts
I agree, plugs are alot for the good ones. When i bought the 3330's for my car with one 1/4 mile run they split right down the middle. I dont know what the hell happen but i was pissed!

steve

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
spooler21 said:
Your joking right? The stock plugs didnt work for shit for me when i was bpu. The 6097 or the 3330's work just fine. I have found out that the 6097 foul out faster but the idle is alot better than the 3330's. I want to try the iridium but thats alot of money for just plugs.
No I am not. I am currently running stock plugs and they have 29K miles and 15K BPU miles on them. I have a strong BPU+ and never had a problem with them. When I experimented with the NGK 6097 my car ran like shit. And would not go back to them. Also I run 18+ psi all the time.
If I do upgrade I will go with Denso.. yes they are expensive but why change plugs every 4-5 K miles? Denso's last way longer .. plain and simple.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
whats up tim. how expensive is expensive for the denso's? and yes i am a wise ass.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
who sells denso plugs?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I replaced the denso iridiums in my car (it's stock) with the 6097's and for some reason the car felt like it lost power. They were gapped at .040, but it did not feel like it was missing, just felt like there was no power when boost kicked in. So I put in a new set of denso iridiums and it was like night and day, very noticeable difference. It's strange considering I know a few people using the 6097's with their single turbos and still make good power.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts