Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm running eibach springs with KYB AGX adjustable shocks....I absolutely love it...I can't wait to see what its like with some sway bars and strut tower bars.

·
Registered
189 Posts
On my 89 I run the Stock TEMS, I love the push button option of going from the caddy ride to firm with the push button. On all the vehicles I've ever owned the firt thing I install is Sway Bars, nothing will make a bigger difference in handling than sway bars. Sway bars keep a vehicle flat in the turns as they limit body roll, shocks control the up and down movement of the suspension, and springs basically hold up the weight of the car. Yes I see 90% of the people with sports cars going with some spring shock combo and wonder why their cars still dont handle well, they sure roll but they dont keep your vehicle flat. Let the sway bars keep your car flat and then your tires providing they are sticky will keep your car glued to the road in turns.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On my 89 I run the Stock TEMS, I love the push button option of going from the caddy ride to firm with the push button. On all the vehicles I've ever owned the firt thing I install is Sway Bars, nothing will make a bigger difference in handling than sway bars. Sway bars keep a vehicle flat in the turns as they limit body roll, shocks control the up and down movement of the suspension, and springs basically hold up the weight of the car. Yes I see 90% of the people with sports cars going with some spring shock combo and wonder why their cars still dont handle well, they sure roll but they dont keep your vehicle flat. Let the sway bars keep your car flat and then your tires providing they are sticky will keep your car glued to the road in turns.
What sway bars would you recommend for a street set-up?

·
Registered
252 Posts
current: eibach springs, kyb adjustable struts, trd sways (f/r), aftermarket strut bar.

handles beautifully.

next: bushing kit.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Im using Suspension Techniques Bars, I got mine from Summit Racing with Poly Bushings. I am very happy with the performance they work great keeping my Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's, I added a link to the Car & Driver Tire test since Tires are very important once you have your car flat. I run 245-50/16's all the way around on TEMS, stock springs, stock height, I don't lose parts or pieces on dips.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=10252

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have tein ss coilovers and I plan to do the lance alignment soon. In the future after I go turbo I was thinking of adding with the titan swaybars and maybe some poly bushings depending on the condition of my suspension.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts