Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend owns a 97tt Supra and is having odd problems with the car. First his stock clutch was going out, so he decided to get the TRD clutch, had it installed and the car was fine for a few days, then it developed a whining noise whenever the clutch was pressed. Later that day, the car had developed the last problem.
Whenever the car was decelerating lets say around a turn, it just cuts off completely, anytime the car slows down in gear or in neutral it cuts off.

He brougt it in to the dealership, they put a new flywheel in and checked everything out and CANNOT find anything out, it still cuts off when decelerating. They are going to bring in another tech to take a look at it but its been in the dealership for over a month, i just wanted to post to see if you guys have any suggestions or comments they would be appreciated.

rmm dp
apex ni
bcc
profec b
k&n

·
Blue 03 cobra I wish :)
251 Posts
my trd clutch makes squakey noise when pressed the clutch
is this normal

·
Registered
32 Posts
hmmm... i have the stock flywheel with the TRD turbo clutch, and have no problems whatsoever. no squeaky noises while depressing the clutch either... um... you may want to contact jeff watson at jaymarks toyota. i don't have his email, but post his name on this forum, and someone will give you a number to contact. there's some other minor parts that you need to buy and replace when you swap the clutch and flywheel. i hope your friend knows that there's more to it than just the clutch and flywheel.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
The throw out bearing could be dry or worn out. The pilot bearing could be worn out. Both of these should be changed on a clutch job anyway. Does the clutch pedal have about an 1" of free play?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the required thing were changed at time of installation of the cluth rings pilot and throwout bearing. im more concerned about the car shutting off. the toyota mechanic doesnt know whats up. why would the depressed clutch want to make the car shut off. he broke down the flywheel clutch and transmission 3 times already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts