Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ex-MKIV TT OWNER
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here Is The Deal:
--I bought the RPS stage 3 clutch (sprung with the lightened flywheel) from MVP.
--I had the clutch installed by Toyota.
--After the clutch was installed, I tried to drive my car and as soon as I put it in gear, the car would stall.
--Toyota took the clutch out and sent it back to MVP. MVP resurfaced the flywheel and sent it back saying that some part that wasn't installed to begin with (thrust bearing???) needed to be replaced. I had it replaced and everything RE-installed.
--Just talked to Toyota and they said my car is doing THE SAME SHIT!!!!!????????

Does anyone use this clutch? Similar Problems???
WHO IS TO BLAME? WHAT DO I DO?
This is getting REAL DAMN EXPENSIVE!!!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
There is probably nothing wrong with the clutch, it just needs running in. When I had this same combo installed, I stalled the car several times before I even had left the dealer's lot. Just drive it and hope you don't have to stop very often :)

Flavio

·
Ex-MKIV TT OWNER
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I took your advice and drove my car home. I stalled the car about 25 times, but other than that everything seems fine.
The B&M shift kit Toyota installed is :bigok: awesome.

So, how long till this stalling madness ends???? Will this continue the entire 1k mile break in? God, I hope not.
I wish someone would have warned me about this stalling problem so I wouldn't have freaked out so bad. That is...if it really is normal:( ????????????

S

·
0 Posts
Its not the clutch thats stalling the car its you. It will continue until you get used to it...

There is no set milage to break in, a break in is not even required, some people dont even do it...

That clutch is more then you will need for a daily driver anyways I would sell it :[ but thats just me

·
Ex-MKIV TT OWNER
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I've put about 100 miles on the clutch and it's MUCH better. Before, the car would idle fine (with a bit of chatter) but, once I put it in gear, the car would stall.
Now it will "usually" idle when in gear, like a normal clutch.
However, I've now got a bigger problem than the clutch. Just as the clutch was becoming drivable a new nightmare has appeared. My car died in front of the local mall.
I get out and steam is coming from under the hood and there is a long trail of BROWN:( antifreeze behind my car.:mad:
I had my car towed to Toyota and is currently being looked at. When will the madness end?:confused:

Fill in the blank:
Brown antifreeze=_________
:confused:

·
We has your money!
576 Posts
sdf

brown antifreeze could equal blown head gasket?? maybe oil getting into the radiator somehow or vice versa...

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
look inside the overflow tank if you see what looks like brown slug its most likely oil =blown head gasket!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts