Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Haha. Could be the owner's car. I made an offer on an F355 Spider at a Mitsubishi dealership in 2001; it was one of the dealership's owner's many cars.

Dirty little secret: dealers/wholesalers often keep their personal cars in the general inventory, and deduct the depreciation, maintenance, etc. against the general ledger!

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
Yeah, probably the owners car.

The owner of the dealership I worked for owned a bunch of nice cars.

Shelby Cobra (not an original, but VERY nice and fast)
Shelby Mustang Cobra GT 350 (don't believe it was an original GT 350 but was also very nice and was supercharged)
1969 Camaro Convertible 302
2 Porsche 911's

He also demo'd whatever car he wanted, I often saw him tooling around in an SL500 or S55.

Man I need to get rich.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
i have noticed a lot of high dollar cars at mitsu dealers before. It seem like the ones in bigger cities are buying then high dollar cars at auction then placing them on the lot for eye candy or to get maybe a double sale.... say the good son wants a new evo... mom and pops go down there to buy the evo and the see a 745bmw or Sclass benz on the lot. well just take that too... ;)

·
Banned
612 Posts
maybe since Mitsu cant sell any of their own cars they figure they would give selling exotics a shot?

·
Registered
201 Posts
PARealtor said:
maybe since Mitsu cant sell any of their own cars they figure they would give selling exotics a shot?
LOL You are probably right on that one. I have heard that Mitsu sales are not the best now.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
yea and mb gave them like 8 mill to help out, yet i cant get my damn car fixed or a buy back from them.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Actually this isnt an uncommon thing at a mistu dealer. Some people will get rid of there euro luxo sports car just for an evo. I read an article on this and I think the new CEO said this is one of the reason he thinks he can turn around mitsu however, other then the evo what does mitsu sell that makes you want to buy from them?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
yea i have the box, actully they started making the G before the hummer ;)...

But i also am looking for a big family luxuary cruiser, like a S class, 745, audi A8l or a vw phaeton... seems like a lot of these cars are at mitsu dealers... sorta like a few years ago when that one deal had like 8 supras... ever other week they where posting them in the for sale section.

·
Registered
136 Posts
the owner of my dealership has a old mach 1, a new mach 1, a new cobra, a GT, 2 corvettes, and a diablo as well as a couple other things as nice ass demos (lightning, expedtition). he keeps all of the vehicles as general inventory because if/when he sells its easier paperwork wise, and also insurance reasons and such.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
PARealtor said:
good find.. whats next? Lambo at a Kia dealership?
Big Red Sports and Imports (Authorized Kia dealership) on I-35 in Norman Oklahoma. They have Lambo's sometimes.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Low Mile ALPINE--11,000
500 Posts
KERR, are you a dealear? I am. Let me know what your looking for. I just bought 3 benz's today at MB financial auction. 99 e320, 99 ml320, and a 02 ml500. they had 3 s55's too, but i dont have any buyers for that right now....

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
lol thats pretty funny. not exactly were you would expect to see a bently or ferrari

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
Xi MKIV said:
KERR, are you a dealear? I am. Let me know what your looking for. I just bought 3 benz's today at MB financial auction. 99 e320, 99 ml320, and a 02 ml500. they had 3 s55's too, but i dont have any buyers for that right now....
S55's are so awesome, I couldn't even amagine owning one of those monsters.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts