Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, about a month back(when i first got the car) i mentioned about my car stalling out on me about 3 times while i was in neutral coming to a full stop at a light/stop sign. I thought it was the BOV that i had in my car(apexi twin camber) and the setting that it was in(hole). Anyways, after i put the setting to the smallest hole it didnt happen again.

Well, today i took the car out for a spin before i wash/zaino the car and i took it to 4krpms in 2nd gear and prssed the clutch and stayed in neutral..i see my rpms drop to ZERO and the hazards(all the other lights too) came on for 2-3 seconds and then i see the rpm jump back to 800rpm. i tried this in 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th gear..and every time i rev upto 4krpms or more..and press the clutch and stay in nuetral i see the rpms drop either to ZERO(thas when the hazards come one) or to 200rpms and jump back too 800rpms. And during all this time, i had the bov to the smallest setting..i just cant figure out what the hell is wrong with the car..and i dont belive that what my car does is "normal". Any thoughts or suggestions will be thankful. First, I'm going to put my stock bov back in and see what happens ASAP. Thanks for reading my post!

-Dukki

T

·
0 Posts
Dukki, I'd have to say put your stock one back on and try that...if its not that, maybe you have a boost leak your not noticing.
PS...this is MattNA from nemkiv.com;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
It's your blowoff valve. Run the stock blowoff valve with the Apexi one. You can also try to tighten the blowoff valve so it is more stiffer. Blowoff valve that vents to the atmosphere is always going to have a problem stalling when you are running the stock maf. The hole thing is for sound only, you have to tighten the screw on the top of the blowoff valve.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
try closing your Apexi BOV.
dont close it super tight or you might damage the unit!

like some have stated..this should help ..... unless you do have a boost leak ( i dought that)but check all the connections to make sure the bands are tight!

d man dont forget you do have an s-afc that might also help to correct this problem !

if your unsure how to do it pass by ill check it for you!

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
Definitely sounds like a bov problem. Do as others stated....run in parallel with stock bov...or just put the stock one back on alone and see if it helps. But from my personal experience with the Apexi Twin Chamber Bov....they are prone to leak...i went through 2 of them....both brand new when i bought them...sent them back and both of them always no matter what, would leak...thus causing the problem you are having occasionally. So got frustrated with apexi bov......got money back and went with the HKS SS and have had no problems since. Would recommend the HKS bov highly no matter what. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the words guys! Im gona go with puttin the stock bov back for now. I really dont see why i even need an aftermarket bov considering i should put all my money going bpu!
I'll try tightening the bov before i put the stock bov back in and let you guys know how it goes! thank you!

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
What if he re vented the BOV discharge back into the intake - after the AFM but before the Turbo? You would lose the wicked sound (which is probably the reason that you got the HKS anyways) but it wouldn't stall any more...

K

·
0 Posts
Hey i had a similar problem and the bov had nothing to do with it... the dash pot is a cylinder kinda like a shock that stops the throttle body from slamming shut after you get off of it... it is under the driverside of the throttle body. it has to be set at the correct idle to work correctly , it should be able to slow the closing of the throttle body like a shock absorber, costs about 40 bucks takes 30 min to install, it has to be set at 2300 rpms it can be adjusted youll se how when you get one.... hope that helps , ps mine was wore out and closed to soon... Kevin..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts