Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, in case you don't already know, here is how to identify which car your motor mount brackets go to just by reading the lettering on them.

Let's take JZA70 mount brackets for example.

One is labeled LR-A, the other is labeled RR-A

The first letter designates which side of the engine the mount bracket is supposed to go to, left or right.

The second letter is for which set of mounting holes on the block the mount brackets bolt to. Since in this example the second letter is R, the mount brackets bolt to the rearmost set of mounting holes. Not that it matters since you can only bolt them up one way, though.

And finally the third and last letter is for which chassis the brackets are going into. The "A" means it's going into the Supra, JZA70.

One more example, LF-X

LEFT MOTOR MOUNT BRACKET, FRONT SET OF MOUNTING HOLES, (JZ)X*** chassis.

·
7MGTE CRESSIDA PWR!!!
780 Posts
Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Excellent info. The next logical question is which mounts work with which chassis? i.e. are RR-Z and LR-A the only mounts that will work with a late MA70 subframe? And how many different sets are there?

Glen

EDIT: oops I meant RR-A not RR-Z (pretty weird coincidence if the RR-Z really does work)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I compared the RR-Z to the RR-A today and they appear to be identical. It was hard for me to make an accurate comparison because the turbos made it hard to see.

But, I think you are right, RR-Z and LR-A would most likely work in the JZA70 chassis.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
that's weird cause my aristo motor mount brackets (which mounted to the front holes) had RR-D on one of them.

but this would be useful to datalog which people can use which into which chassis. i wonder if the aristo brackets can be used anywhere?

EDIT: nm, that's messed. the right one is mounted to the rear holes (RR-D), but the left one which i just found now is mounted to the front holes (LF-D). wow

·
Registered
203 Posts
ITR.00-1282 said:
One more example, LF-X

LEFT MOTOR MOUNT BRACKET, FRONT SET OF MOUNTING HOLES, (JZ)X*** chassis.
edit: not wrong, just not entirely accutate

idk about ALL X generations, but the x mounts ive got are labeled IN->X EX->X they are designed for the front 4 holes only. JZX81 and JZX90 mounts ARE different. dudes have been using jzx90 mounts in the mx83 chasis, but they have needed to put the right on the left and vicea versa.

ive got jzz mounts too. labeled LF-Z RR-Z.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Projectxxx said:
wrongo

idk about ALL X generations, but the x mounts ive got are labeled IN->X EX->X they are designed for the front 4 holes only. JZX81 and JZX90 mounts ARE different. dudes have been using jzx90 mounts in the mx83 chasis, but they have needed to put the right on the left and vicea versa.

ive got jzz mounts too. labeled LF-Z RR-Z.

The JZX mounts I have are labeled LF-X and RF-X.

I also have JZZ30 mounts and one side mounts to the rear holes and the other mounts to the front, hence LF-Z and RR-Z.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i wasnt disagreeing with the fact theres a LF-chasis and a RR-chasis or whatever marking.

what generation are your X-body mounts from is the question at hand. apparently not all are the same, since mine definatly say IN-x EX-x.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, but the letter designations I have put up aren't wrong. What chassis are your mount brackets from?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts