Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody give me advice on what good tires to get for daily driving that are good for wet and dry? What does everyone recommend? I am thinking of bridgestone potenzas and yokohamas.

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Toyo Proxes 4....I have them on my car because I have to drive it in the rain sometimes...it has seen snow, but with the turbo on the car it's worthless now...I think I'm just going to spring for the ultra-high performance summer tires after these are gone.

·
Registered
696 Posts
and I use the Potenza RE750. As you can see, there's a good mix in here. They may have some subtle differences, but most of these are probably pretty simillar.

There's a good balance of grip and tread life with the Potenzas. I usually replace the rear set every year, but I'm a leadfoot. On top of that, I put allot of miles on the car during the short summer where I live.

I used Goodrich KDW tires a couple of years back and switched over to the Potenzas. There was little difference, but I guess I prefer the Potenzas. Although they are a tad more expensive, I might try out the Eagles next year.

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
I got yokahamas on my car right now. came with them. and I like them.
If you have a friend at firestone or know someone that works there the fusions are not a bad tire and employees tend to get them at 75% off and sometimes 50% off special.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
for the NA I like the hard plastic ones like the ride on toys for kids.....

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you very much for taking the time to give me your thoughts and suggestions. It made my decision a bit more easier.

Alvin

H

·
0 Posts
I have used so many different tires and found the Dunlop sport 8000's last the longest and they are pretty sticky too.

·
Banned
2,721 Posts
Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 - These have the best user rating for wet and dry traction of any tire on TireRack and also were rated the best by Road and Track a few months back. They are by far, the best looking tire as well from the back. You can't go wrong if you drive in wet and dry on a regular basis.

BFG GForce KD if you drive only in dry......

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
Geddy Lee said:
The best are Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3s, hands down
I have these on new wheels... 275's and there kinda worn and my old yokohamas on the NA wheel that were 255/50's actaully hooked better?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I suggest T1R's I have them on my supra N/A 95 i got them from tiredealsforless.com
but they suck in the extreme cold weather. like 30 degrees. there prices are good depends on what sizes u looking for.

·
Registered
571 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am not trying to hijack this thread, but I have question to add to the original post. What kind of tires would be good for the winter on stock na mkiv? Not like driving on lots of snow or ice, but during freezing temps and/or light snow.
And also stock tires are 245/45/R16 fit on the rear, right?
Thanks in advance..

·
trubo spura
393 Posts
I use Yokohama Avid V4S' and before I had my supra I used the Avid H4S' on my old car, they're reasonably priced, stick pretty good and have pretty good tread life as well. Also the toyo proxes 4 mentioned above are very good tires, it all depends on what you're going for, often times as one would suspect, the softer the tires the stickier they are and the shorter they last, it's all just up to what you're looking for, don't get performance tires with lots of grip if you're looking for a tire to last a long time, and visa versa for longer lasting tires if you're looking for the most grip.

-chris

1 - 19 of 19 Posts