Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are u guys running??? hows 275/35 and 245/40 sound? also which brand? yokkohama a520?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
id like to get a little big bigger tires on the back what brand/size?

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
BFG KDW's are working like a charm for me:)

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
I am running 295 BFG G-Force TA's in the rear

·
Registered
78 Posts
i had fun with the KDW line......they gripped really well aroud corners....took a lot to get them loose.....me and my almighty NA!!!!

·
Stinks like sex in here..
343 Posts
275/35 and 245/35 Toyo TS-1, should of went wider in the rear. Still NA, so don't really need anything too grippy.

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
275/35 and 245/35 Michelin Pilot Sport AS The regular Spots get about 7500 miles to a set

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and where do u guys get these tires and do u let guys at like pep boys/ meineke do the installation?

·
Registered
571 Posts
nsman14 said:
and where do u guys get these tires and do u let guys at like pep boys/ meineke do the installation?

I know a person that got tires put on at Pep Boys and a damn wheel fell off of the car as they were leaving the parking lot , So I vote NO to them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i could never find anything bigger than 255 for the rears and i work for a big tire retailer....

i always change my own tires, so just keep an eye on the guys doing it and make sure they torque it properly......using a torque wrench

a lot of shops just throw them on there with a impact gun and it could cost you down the road(i.e. cross threaded studs, etc..)...

the torque on our cars is 76ft/lbs i believe, not a whole lot......

good luck

·
Stinks like sex in here..
343 Posts
SuprasMaximus said:
I know a person that got tires put on at Pep Boys and a damn wheel fell off of the car as they were leaving the parking lot , So I vote NO to them.
I had that happen to friend too. Thats why I'm never more then 10 feet away when they work on any car that I bring in. Offtopic, but I had another buddy of mine go in for an alignment. He pulled in with half a tank of gas, when he pulled out he notcied that it was at 1/4. Probably redlined the shit out of it during the test dirve.

i could never find anything bigger than 255 for the rears and i work for a big tire retailer....
For NA rims, or in general ?

·
i need horsepower
1,365 Posts
dunlops sp9000 sports 275 and pilot sports for the front 245. They are a lot quiter than I thought they would be and they grip enough for an NA. The sizes you listed are perfect for 18x9 and 18x10 set up. you could go to 285 if you want.

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
I've 275/35/18 and 245/40/18 on KUMHO ECSTA MX....I've done 9000 miles on them and still in good condition !!!!

JB

1 - 17 of 17 Posts