Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but couldn't seem to find anything on this problem. When I drive down the street at night, my headlights shake and bounce a TON. It seems the driver side may be worse, but I'm not sure.

Is anyone else having this issue? What could be causing it? More importantly, what can I do to fix it?

Thanks for the help.

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1badsup said:
Sounds like your headlight is not securely bolted. There's 3 bolts holding it. 1 on the left side and 2 on the right.
Yeah, the two that hold the bracket and the one that goes towards the center. They are all in and all tight. I'll double check them tomorrow but I just swapped in some Euro's for my 98's and the 98's did the same thing. Perhaps I'll check to make sure that all the bolt points are solid.

M

·
0 Posts
Mine do it too, Jeremy, after everything is bolted in securely.

I see the reflections off of road signs at night on the highway shimmer a good deal and I know my lights are shaking. I asked people in front of me, however, if my lights shake, and they say that they can't see any signs of shaking. So apparantly mine is minimal, but the reflections on the road signs suggest a lot more. How do you know yours are shaking?

·
1,020 Posts
Could your bulb housing be loose? or the bulbs themselves? My high beams had a similar symptom and it was the tri-locking system for the bulb. One of the plastic clips was missing.
Damn stiff tein coilovers.

·
Space for sale
980 Posts
I HAD the same exact problem you have right now. I was even going to post about it, but i have found a solution, although not practical. I bought a new set of headlights & secured them.

It definately could be a loose housing for the bulbs or even check the mounts for the headlights. Are they easily bendable?

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,447 Posts
1badsup said:
If those 3 bolts are secured and tight, the bulb may be lose or not locked.
Or the projector housing is loose.

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay fellas, I'll check into all of this but am very careful when putting bulbs in. Not to mention the housing was out so it was easy to assure the bulbs were securely installed.

What do you mean the projector housing is loose? How does one go about checking or fixing this?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
The projector it self is probably lose...that is actually inside your housing. The only way you can fix that is to take apart the headlight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts