Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Search
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to be making the drive from Spokane upto Vancouver for the meet... What allshould I do to make sure the car is up for the drive? The engine is fairly new (2k mi) with no problems as of now... I'm going make sure fuel is up to par ( new pump, regulator, injectors are new, etc.)

List anything that you could think that may blow/break/fry/fuck up.

I'm going to replace everything i can think of, and then bring extras :)

· Registered
3,818 Posts
hoses

· I Love Lamp...
3,837 Posts
Just check over your hoses make sure they are nice, top off all your fluids, make sure your charging system looks good, bring a pack of spare fuses maybe and have fun. Change the oil before you go and throw some water wetter in your coolant if you havent. Bring a qt of oil too if ya feel like it.

As long as it runs right, is maintained right and everything looks good it should be fine.

Tim

· Supra hail dent king :(
1,209 Posts
a tool set. make sure your tires are good. make sure the u joints are doing good. or atleast not in bad condition. make sure all fluids are topped. r12 is recharged. a new fuel filter. and a tune up

· way over budget
675 Posts
damn guys... you really hate your 7m's huh. I woke up one morning kinda drunk still, and decided it was a good idea to drive to san francisco to hump my ex girl. I didn't check a damn thing except that i had enough money for gas. I did that twice, and I say as long as the car works, just drive it. It's only a couple hundred miles, no biggie.

· Registered
3,818 Posts
take your credit card and some cash and cell phone.

· Registered
1,496 Posts
mustangman05 said:
nope i luv my 7m it keeps me interested by giving me funny noises and weired smells 7M for life
:bowdown:

:werdlol: Damn! I know that feeling! My car won't let me stop loving it.... hell, even now I can hear that bad bearing screaming in the back of my head. Spots of coolant on my windshield from what had me thinking BHG permanently engrained on my retinas. The scent of a long fixed exhaust leak following me as I move forward through life.... my doctor insists that one is just in my head.

Indeed, I love my car. I take it with wherever I go, even if I'm in a different state than my MKIII. It's in my mind (oh, make the noises and smells subside so that I may sleep again), it's in my heart (just ask my other doctor about my blood pressure).

Seriously though, change the oil, check the hoses
(vacuum and coolant) and brake pads. Take along a gallon of premixed coolant or distilled water and an extra quart or two of oil. Take your spare and make sure your car has a jack (ask me how I thought on that one!). Check your tires, air and tread. And always carry a basic toolkit. That's about it for my trip checklist.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.