Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to have a 94TT Supra on my hands. 27K Miles and never has had any mods. I have $15,000 to put into it.
What can I do to make it faster. I want to spend all $15K on speed. I can do paint jobs, wheels, looks, later....

I'm am very new to supras and really don't know where to start. All I know is a downpipe is one of the first mods and also a boost controller.

Please help me out here as which mod to get first, then second, and so on until I run out of money. Labor is not included in this 15k, it will be all parts.

Also if you can list an avg. price for these upgraded parts I would greatly appreciate.

It's just that being so new to these cars. I don't want to get ripped out and want to put every penny where it counts.

Thanks Alot,
Jason

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Take your car to Sound Performance and get an SP63 with fuel. This should put you at least in the 600 RWHP range. With that kit an exhaust and all the electronics to control it, you'll probably be sitting on $15K worth of parts.:)

Man I wish I was in your shoes!:D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
go to supra store for their HKS GT2835 Twin Turbo Upgrade Stage 6 - 850HP

I think it's about $15k to $16.5k

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking that is a twin turbo uprgrade/replacement? I can get that whole system including a full length performance exhaust system for 15K. Next would probably be suspension so I could plant all of this power right?

Basically, how fast could I make my car with 15k? 1/4mile?

TIA,
Jason

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wicked Ls1 said:
I'm about to have a 94TT Supra on my hands. 27K Miles and never has had any mods. I have $15,000 to put into it.
What can I do to make it faster. I want to spend all $15K on speed. I can do paint jobs, wheels, looks, later....

I'm am very new to supras and really don't know where to start. All I know is a downpipe is one of the first mods and also a boost controller.

Please help me out here as which mod to get first, then second, and so on until I run out of money. Labor is not included in this 15k, it will be all parts.

Also if you can list an avg. price for these upgraded parts I would greatly appreciate.

It's just that being so new to these cars. I don't want to get ripped out and want to put every penny where it counts.

Thanks Alot,
Jason
Everyone's telling you to jump to the big leagues, but I think you were looking for what bolt ons to do first, and then later on when you get bored of them, what to do. Right?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
First you need to decide if you want the SPEED or the LOOK. :D I don't think you could have both with 15K.
If you like more power and speed, do what other guys are telling you. Get big turbo! :D
If you think you have enough under your hood, I'll go with nice body kits, wheels and new paint job. :D
But, at least do basic performance upgrade.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
turbo kit: used 2500~
new 3500+

Fuel system: used 800~
put together by yourself with new components 1200
Have someone else put together one for you 2300

Sound Performance tranny & torque converter & tranny cooler & labor: 5000~

Aem Ecu: 1300~ from group buy when it comes out

or

Vpc+electric boost controller+Afc/fields/gcc combo
new: 1200+(300-500)+(280-500)=?
used: (750~)+(250~)+(200~)= 1200+/-

exhaust: used 400~
new 400-1200

Greddy FMIC 3row: used 600-1100
new 1400

Camshafts: used 500~
new 1000~

Dyno tuning: 70-100/hr

Install: 2000~

Miscellaneous: bov and custom dp for Turbokits 400-600

Heres how I would spend 15000

Exhaust: 400
turbo kit: 3500
fuel system: 1000
AEM ecu: 1300
Tranny stuff: 5000
Greddy FMIC 1000
Dyno tune: 500
Install: 2000
Miscel: 500

Total 15000

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, but Yang, that is the post I was really looking for! I had no idea as to what direction to even look. Now I do. Anymore input will be appreciated but I will update also.

Jason

·
Blue 03 cobra I wish :)
251 Posts
damn u are lucky
I wish I had 15k to spent on my car
my supra will look good and fast :)

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Yang said:

Heres how I would spend 15000

Exhaust: 400
turbo kit: 3500
fuel system: 1000
AEM ecu: 1300
Tranny stuff: 5000
Greddy FMIC 1000
Dyno tune: 500
Install: 2000
Miscel: 500

Total 15000
where the hell are you getting all these prices? please show me where u get an exhaust for 400, fuel system for 1000, greddy fmic for 1000, turbo kit for 3500 will only be the greddy t78 which will still sells mostly for close to 4k i got mine for 3650..

first off i dont think u said wether or not you have an auto or 6speed. 6speed is gonna be alot cheaper cause u will only have to buy a clutch/flywheel.

do u have any kinda experience with fast cars or anything? if you've never owned anything fast you dont want to just jump into having over 600hp at the wheels. you could go with all the goodies and an SP57 turbo kit. that would let you go anywhere from 400-500 hp depending on the boost level with near stock spool characteristics. then after you are ready for more power just sell the sp57 turbo and upgrade to a bigger turbo. theres are the basic things you will need.

exhaust
turbo kit
clutch or upgraded auto tranny
FMIC
either the new aem ecu, or vpc, gcc (of afc), and a boost controller
bov(unless turbo kit comes with)
guages, at least boost and egt
fuel system

i suggest you call SP, mvp, or phr and talk to someone there and get some opinions

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is a 6 speed. Right now I own a 99' Trans Am n/a and it is putting about 450 to the wheels. Or better yet mid 10s at the track. It is my daily driver and only car right now. I want to de-mod it and use the Supra for my entertainment.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like Yang covered power list. :D
If you just want the visual, here's my list,

Boost Control & Gauge(HKS) $700
BOV(HSK) $200
Turbo Timer(HKS)$100
Intake(HKS)$200
DP(RMM) $250
Exhaust(HKS) $800
Coilover(Tein) $1300
Strut Brace(TRD) $150
Nice 18"-19" Rims $3500
Low profile Tires for new rims $1200
Body Kit(Veilside) $2500
New Paint Job $4000

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
where the hell are you getting all these prices? please show me where u get an exhaust for 400, fuel system for 1000, greddy fmic for 1000, turbo kit for 3500 will only be the greddy t78 which will still sells mostly for close to 4k i got mine for 3650..
400 will get you a good used exhaust or a new apex or borla.

You can put together your own fuel buy a extra used supra TT pump to use along with the one you have, buy lines, regulatro etc from summit, get used injectors. comes up about a grand.

U cant get greddy fmic new for 1000 but used ones go for 600-1000 or you can get a XS-engineering FMIC or a bushar or spearco new for 1000.

With 3500 you can get a new greddy kit or you can put together your own kit. Email me and I'll tell you where you to get the kit for 3500.

I browsed through his post and thought that Jason had an auto. With 6spd, all you have to buy is the clutch. Dont have to spend the $$$ to beef up the tranny.

Anyway with 15K to burn you can definitely go single especially if its a 6spd. Deals come alone. Most people dont have that kinda $ so they start from Basic Performance Upgrades(bpu) and work their way up to small single than med/big single with fuel depending on your turbo-lag tolerance. I would personally go the latter route although you lose a little bit of $. That way you get to have all the fun of building the car as will as the satisfaction from driving it at all power levels and seeing it develop from a fast car to a monster.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Boost Control & Gauge(HKS) $700
BOV(HSK) $200
Turbo Timer(HKS)$100
Intake(HKS)$200
DP(RMM) $250
Exhaust(HKS) $800
Coilover(Tein) $1300
Strut Brace(TRD) $150
Nice 18"-19" Rims $3500
Low profile Tires for new rims $1200
Body Kit(Veilside) $2500
New Paint Job $4000Boost Control & Gauge(HKS) $700
what!! no aftermarket [email protected]!! :confused: Now thats what I call goin BPU wit style :bthumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts