Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed an intercooler with hardpipes as well as an intake and was wondering where does the stock MAF now go? When i turn the car on it wants to die out which i believe is because this sensor is currently not installed what so ever. When i try to rev it up its all jerky until i pass 3,000 rpm's when i goes up smoothly. Thanks for any help possible.
Jeff

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,508 Posts
Your gonnna want to install that MAF back into the intake pipe. The car wont run without it unless you are running a VPC, Map ECU, or AEM.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Your car will run in "limp mode" and dump in tons of fuel as a fail-safe if you don't have the MAF or some kind of air metering device installed.

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dan94TT said:
Your gonnna want to install that MAF back into the intake pipe. The car wont run without it unless you are running a VPC, Map ECU, or AEM.
I was afraid that was the solution. The MAF looks like it is going to restrict my air flow greatly. Do most people put it on the end or put it into the pipe completely and drill a hole for the plug to connect?

·
BPU is so 1997
5,353 Posts
Uh, can I get a picture of what your engine bay looks like right now? It goes on the end of the intake tube...you shouldn't have to drill a hole for the plug to connect.

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
supralover93 said:
are you single? it should just go on the end of the intake tube right after the air filter.
Ed Zachary.
It should be very straightforward.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts