Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i have a 95 auto supra N/A. Im beginning to think these engines suck ass. I have an apexi N1 exhaust and k&n intake adapter. Whenever i punch it- it's extremely slow gaining in RPMs. When i hit about 4.5 K then it starts to speed up. But off the line in low rpm's- it feels really slow. I definetly gain a little on high end but still. The engine just doesnt seem strong period. There is nothing wrong with it - i had it checked out. Another thing...when i punch it from a stop- there is a split second "stall" type deal...almost like there isnt enough air for the engine...its like for a fraction of a second the engine stops and gulps for air. The other day...a really fast VR-4 got up next to me and just burnt the shit out of me..i didnt even press the gas - i knew it was no contest. He had pillar guages and so forth. I could hear his blow off valve like down the street. It just got me thinking though- is there anything that would make my car faster- without screwing it up because of the auto tranny? I thought about Nitrous Oxide- but will that even be effective on an auto N/A? Will i gain back that low end power? And even a turbo kit seems iffy- i am really afraid that the tranny will just mask a lot of the power. Im thinking about selling my car- for something that i can get power into- and a manual. I just need some help on anything i can do to the auto tranny.

·
MKIV TT Sell-OUT
176 Posts
yeah, when i first got my car, i thought something was wrong with it too. compared to my previous car (2000 stang GT) it had a serious lack of torque. but thats wat happens when you match a weak engine to a huge car...

the auto is not the problem though, and there are plenty of things you can do. first and cheapest is nitrous. and yes, itll be alright with your tranny.. oh, and nitrous is known to produce more torque than hp.. and with a turbo you can pull some serious #'s.. the auto can handle 350hp or so.. and when you reach those numbers, you might even be glad that you have an auto..

if i dont see a significant difference with a turbo kit (and i dont give a fuck about dyno #'s or timeslips, its all about how it feels to drive), i plan to sell my car as well, and go back to domestics... also, i have never owned a turbo car and hopefully lag isnt as bad as everyone puts it.

either way, i know exactly what you mean..car got no balls and i plan to do something about it.. i thought i could handle having a 15second car but everyday i get more and more frustrated to the point where almost hate driving.. but just give it a try, and then if your still not satisfied, you'll have no regrets selling it... that's what i plan to do..

·
Your Neighborhood OG
316 Posts
yeah im also some what not happy with my supra (95 na auto) i mean it handles like a dream at high speeds and all but, no1 in this society gives a shit about top speed its all about quater mile (thanks to fast and furious *in which there 1/4 mile is rely 3 miles long) And 15 sec quater mile isnt sumthin u go and brag about to ur friends.
Yeah, car still looks bad ass though :D My next mod after exaust is probably going to be a turbo and torque convertor for my auto.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts