Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for an MKIII turbo and was just wondering, would modding a stock MKIII with a fair amount of KM's harm the car in anyway? like for example if i bought a stock mkiii with around 150,000 KM's and started throwing a bunch of parts at it would the 7MGTE handle it? or would it all depend on how the car was treated by the previous owner?

·
GO OILERS GO!
352 Posts
LaDuce said:
im looking for an MKIII turbo and was just wondering, would modding a stock MKIII with a fair amount of KM's harm the car in anyway? like for example if i bought a stock mkiii with around 150,000 KM's and started throwing a bunch of parts at it would the 7MGTE handle it? or would it all depend on how the car was treated by the previous owner?
You should probably check out the FAQ section. I'm sure some of your questions will be answered there.

Anyway, it does depend on how the car has been mantained. It is best to first make sure that the car's motor is in good shape. For example do a leakdown test to check for a BHG. Was the oil changed regulary? etc. In my opinion, the 7M is a very stout motor. Don't forget that these cars are getting old, and with anything that gets old, stuff is going to break. BTW, do not be fooled by low KM's on these cars, I think the history of the car is just as important, obviusly.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
dont forget to look for rust in the rear hatch area under the spare tire and in the rear wheel wells :)

good luck with your buy! :bigthumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts