Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my friend and I are heading to Cali and will be renting either a Camaro V6 convertible or Mustang V6 convertible.

What is the better POS - and why?

We will be driving this car for 2 weeks (road trip).

Thanks for your help,
Vilhelm

· Everybody Lies
966 Posts
I'm not sure you'll have a choice as most rental car companies replace their cars every few years. Since the last year of the Camaro was 2002 I doubt there will be any available.

I vote for the Mustang.

· Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darksyne said:
I'm not sure you'll have a choice as most rental car companies replace their cars every few years. Since the last year of the Camaro was 2002 I doubt there will be any available.

I vote for the Mustang.
http://www.alliedrentacar.com

They rent it. I am 20 and my friend is 19, so this is the only place we can rent from in Cali :(

Why do you vote the mustang? I need more info.

· Everybody Lies
966 Posts
Vilhelm said:
http://www.alliedrentacar.com

They rent it. I am 20 and my friend is 19, so this is the only place we can rent from in Cali :(

Why do you vote the mustang? I need more info.
I voted for the Mustang because I didn't think they had Camaro's available.

Looking at that site they are renting the -04 style Mustang, not the newer one.

I'd go for the Mustang for ease of parking.

· Premium Member
6,188 Posts
I had a mustang V6 for a week - and the one thing I can say about it is:

You can line-lock the piss out of it. :D

· Registered
343 Posts
Performance wise, Camaro v6 ftw. Other than that, I'm a big guy and seem to fit in the Camaros better. Maybe gas mileage should be a discerning factor, as well? That's if for my opinion. Good luck and have a great trip.

· Registered
3,294 Posts
I'd rent the mustang. I have owned a few camaros, I still have one that is currently for sale. The reason I say go with the stang is because you sit very low in the camaro compared to the mustang. The windshield is also at a much more severe angle in the camaro, which causes bad glare and shows every bit of dust and smudging on the glass. For driving around, especially on a road trip, I feel the mustang is a better vehicle. I have bought a few camaros only because I am a fan of the LS1 engine that comes in the Z28's. If I were to choose between the two just for normal driveability, ease of parking, etc., I would choose the Mustang.

· FAITH
1,147 Posts
G said:
:rolleyes:
Actually, those cars can fit a pretty sizable suite case in them because of the well in the trunk.
Chill dude...My uncle's friend used to have one a while back and that's what I can remember.

It's 2 weeks worth of suitcase for 2 people, unless they pack lightly I don't think they can fit it.

:)

-Khader

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.