Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my friend and I are heading to Cali and will be renting either a Camaro V6 convertible or Mustang V6 convertible.

What is the better POS - and why?

We will be driving this car for 2 weeks (road trip).

Thanks for your help,
Vilhelm

·
Everybody Lies
358 Posts
I'm not sure you'll have a choice as most rental car companies replace their cars every few years. Since the last year of the Camaro was 2002 I doubt there will be any available.

I vote for the Mustang.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darksyne said:
I'm not sure you'll have a choice as most rental car companies replace their cars every few years. Since the last year of the Camaro was 2002 I doubt there will be any available.

I vote for the Mustang.
http://www.alliedrentacar.com

They rent it. I am 20 and my friend is 19, so this is the only place we can rent from in Cali :(

Why do you vote the mustang? I need more info.

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
they are both v6's... so performance is out of the question :lol:

i would say go with the stang.. its newer and looks nice

·
Everybody Lies
358 Posts
Vilhelm said:
http://www.alliedrentacar.com

They rent it. I am 20 and my friend is 19, so this is the only place we can rent from in Cali :(

Why do you vote the mustang? I need more info.
I voted for the Mustang because I didn't think they had Camaro's available.

Looking at that site they are renting the -04 style Mustang, not the newer one.

I'd go for the Mustang for ease of parking.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Vilhelm said:
What one is better to drive? What one has more space for our bags?
Mustang is smaller right?
Mustang trunks ar extremely small. You'd be hard pressed to get to large suitcases in there. Can't speak for the Camaro trunk.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
I had a mustang V6 for a week - and the one thing I can say about it is:

You can line-lock the piss out of it. :D

·
FAITH
604 Posts
Burke said:
Mustang trunks ar extremely small. You'd be hard pressed to get to large suitcases in there. Can't speak for the Camaro trunk.
Camaro is a hatchback so it's not to easy to fit suitcases in there either.

·
NFA Pimp
2,734 Posts
Khader K. said:
Camaro is a hatchback so it's not to easy to fit suitcases in there either.
:rolleyes:
Actually, those cars can fit a pretty sizable suite case in them because of the well in the trunk.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Performance wise, Camaro v6 ftw. Other than that, I'm a big guy and seem to fit in the Camaros better. Maybe gas mileage should be a discerning factor, as well? That's if for my opinion. Good luck and have a great trip.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I'd rent the mustang. I have owned a few camaros, I still have one that is currently for sale. The reason I say go with the stang is because you sit very low in the camaro compared to the mustang. The windshield is also at a much more severe angle in the camaro, which causes bad glare and shows every bit of dust and smudging on the glass. For driving around, especially on a road trip, I feel the mustang is a better vehicle. I have bought a few camaros only because I am a fan of the LS1 engine that comes in the Z28's. If I were to choose between the two just for normal driveability, ease of parking, etc., I would choose the Mustang.

·
FAITH
604 Posts
G said:
:rolleyes:
Actually, those cars can fit a pretty sizable suite case in them because of the well in the trunk.
Chill dude...My uncle's friend used to have one a while back and that's what I can remember.

It's 2 weeks worth of suitcase for 2 people, unless they pack lightly I don't think they can fit it.

:)

-Khader

·
Dreamer
1,627 Posts
They can fit some stuff in the rear seat if the trunk space isn't enough.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for your reply guys. My friend is not getting his vacation where he works now, so we will see what happens.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts