Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
200+mph
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a Mkiv Supra Twinturbo. And I was wondering because the engine and gearbox are not in the car and everything is disasembled because the new shortblock and head are about to go into the car

maybe I should use the opportunity to upgrade something but not to expensive but gain a few horsepower and maybe buy something that i´m missing and could be usefull to have

What should I buy?

so here are the things that are in the car

Downpipe Hks 4" exhaust
FMIC
Greddy Pofec B boost Controller
Hks Pipes to the Intercooler
Hks Fuel Cut defencer
Cone Air filter
Blitz Dual Turbo Timer
Fidanza racing ligthened flywheel
copper/ceramic Clutch
Titan Motorsports 2JZ Cam Gears
Greddy Iridium Spark Plugs
Apex S-AFC II Special Edition
ARP Head Stud kit mkiv
Boost gauge

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Well you could eliminate your MAF sensor with a VPC, MAP ECU, or stand alone computer like the AEM EMS. But if you are not planning on going single, honestly I would leave your setup the way it is. Just tune the fuel curve and enjoy a healthy BPU+ car.

·
200+mph
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no suggestions? I was thinking maybe HKS Camshafts 264° . and maybe buy a blow off valve , bigger injectors or something like that. What would you suggest in the elctronics department ?

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Definitely a BOV! Shoulda done that first! You seem to be looking for just more power with ease. How about lightened pulleys and a BL dampened crank pulley? Maybe some more monitoring gauges. DEFINITELY an EGT gauge, and a nice wideband O2 sensor w/display. If you DO get cams, make sure you do some head work while you're at it.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
A BOV at BPU levels gives zero performance benefits. The stock one holds (very well) all the boost that the stock twins can generate. If you want sound effects, then that's another story.

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
crossways said:
A BOV at BPU levels gives zero performance benefits. The stock one holds (very well) all the boost that the stock twins can generate. If you want sound effects, then that's another story.
I was under the impression that the stock BOV is a bit of a gamble at higher boost levels(15 and up).

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,089 Posts
You said in your post the HKS pipes to the ic, I'm taking that as your going to upgrade to hks hardpipes. Why not just do a full blown 3 row or something. That will help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts