Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to go single here soon and right now i have some money to spend on up grading the fuel system. is there one part of the stock fuel system that is weaker than the other, like are the injectors too small or can't the fuel pump keep up with the stock injectors or what? i guess what i'm trying to ask is if you were to upgrade one part of the fuel system at a time what would be the first thing to upgrade and would it make much of a difference??? thanks
Clint

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Toyota did a really good job matching the pump to the injectors. They both run out at about 500rw. I have heard that there is some dampener that you can remove to increase flow. As far as I know though, for serious power it all has to come out.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Assuming you'll be keeping the stock fuel system, get a 2nd fuel pump, bypass the dampener and get a FPR. The fuel system has side feed 550cc (52.3lb./hr) but you can adjust this flow by changing the fuel pressure.
If you know your HP goal and the flow rate needed to sustain it use this formula to find the flow rate from a PSI change:
Example- 550cc @ 43.5PSI raised to 52PSI
Divide 52(new psi)/43.5(old psi)=1.1954
Square root of 1.1954=1.0933
Multiply 550cc(inj. size)x1.0933=601cc

Hope this helps, and yes you can RUN the hell out of this fuel system. There are limits however.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts