Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! New MKV Supra owner here. I do not know a lot about upgrades but based on my research I was thinking of starting with an aftermarket cold air intake, and intercooler. Once getting those I am planning on getting my Supra tuned.

right now I’m leaning towards the HKS Dry CarbonCold air intake, but I have no clue which direction to go for an inter cooler. Any ideas or tips?!?!

·
Registered
81 Posts
The first thing you wanna upgrade is the wheels to some bitchin rims, and a spoiler if you don't have one. Chea....jk

In all seriousness a lot of people are going to ask you the same questions on here. What are your goals? Trying to run quarter miles, just have a fun street car etc.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just as a point of reference, which I'm sure others can chime in on with their knowledge, but this was an early video of DME tuning the Supra with stock everything if I remember right and getting mid 400s out of it.

It's BMWs B58 so it's capable. Just depends on what you wanna do with it. Right off the bat it looks like boost can be bumped since I think they push 11-12 psi stock? I'm not 100 percent this is just from what I've read.

·
Administrator
9,190 Posts
Long term members on here that want to only shitpost towards anyone who posts honest questions in the mk5 subforum will be banned no questions asked. I'm tired of deleting the same stupid shit stirring posts from the same people. It's so pointless at this point its lame. Be angry, hate the mk5, do it anywhere but here.

@Wreckless @KenHenderson @Gary Bechtold

·
Registered
81 Posts
Long term members on here that want to only shitpost towards anyone who posts honest questions in the mk5 subforum will be banned no questions asked. I'm tired of deleting the same stupid shit stirring posts from the same people. It's so pointless at this point its lame. Be angry, hate the mk5, do it anywhere but here.

Not sure if that was directed at me or someone else posted something. My first post wasn't intended to shit on anyone, it was more so just being humorous. If that was in response to my post, my bad, I'll keep it more tame in the future.

·
2,249 Posts
You were not the main target. Having said that it would be nice if every post didn't turn into fanboi's crapping on each other cars. Newbs need to understand they are not going to get validation or a hug here for their purchase. I do find it odd that they do seem to come here for that and when they don't get it they lash out. Old timers need to understand that not every thread needs to turn into your car sucks thread. Having said that if the newb starts it, well you are not going to last here.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You were not the main target. Having said that it would be nice if every post didn't turn into fanboi's crapping on each other cars. Newbs need to understand they are not going to get validation or a hug here for their purchase. I do find it odd that they do seem to come here for that and when they don't get it they lash out. Old timers need to understand that not every thread needs to turn into your car sucks thread. Having said that if the newb starts it, well you are not going to last here.
I can respect that. I like the MK5 myself. I've said that on another thread here. Just waiting for the heritage version with the Targa to come out, then I'm down to get one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The first thing you wanna upgrade is the wheels to some bitchin rims, and a spoiler if you don't have one. Chea....jk

In all seriousness a lot of people are going to ask you the same questions on here. What are your goals? Trying to run quarter miles, just have a fun street car etc.
I’m just trying to have fun man, spent my whole life doing shot for other people, and in the Marine Corps. So it’s about time I buy something I want and enjoy it. Just trying to have a nice mkv. I want to do a few things but nothing crazy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks man, I joined here for the advise from people with more experience than me. I’m not here for any sort of recognition at all. Glad to see it’s not all just trolls. If I wanted recognition or trolls I’d ask questions on Reddit lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
I’m just trying to have fun man, spent my whole life doing shot for other people, and in the Marine Corps. So it’s about time I buy something I want and enjoy it. Just trying to have a nice mkv. I want to do a few things but nothing crazy
Ah, yeah bro. Just get a tune. Take it into the 400s, the minor mods you listed would be good. Then just focus on asthetics. Then if you want more power in the future focus on it then. Respect on the Marines thing, I'm Army so zi know what you mean about doing shit for other people lol. Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah, yeah bro. Just get a tune. Take it into the 400s, the minor mods you listed would be good. Then just focus on asthetics. Then if you want more power in the future focus on it then. Respect on the Marines thing, I'm Army so zi know what you mean about doing shit for other people lol. Enjoy the car!
Yeah man that was my plan. Respect for Army too man ✊🏽. I don’t want to go crazy on upgrades. I’m thinking the cold air intake, intercoooler and tune should be fine. Maybbbeeeee something like exhaust tips or something to get just a little more loud with some raw sounds. Idk lol. But after intake and cooler and tune I’m gonna focus on esthetics for sure

·
Registered
6 Posts
I saw some people say they didn't seem to be noting any gains from the aftermarket CAI over stock, at least when you're in the 400s and low mid 500's for hp. Research that or defer to others of course, but just a heads up from what I had read.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw some people say they didn't seem to be noting any gains from the aftermarket CAI over stock, at least when you're in the 400s and low mid 500's for hp. Research that or defer to others of course, but just a heads up from what I had read.
Thanks man

·
...pop the hood!
1,114 Posts
is yours still under factory warranty?
curious as to what mods/tune can be done without voiding it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts