Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gotten some meguiars on the seats then i bagged the seats to let it soak in for a couple of hours then ill wipe it off... do you guy suggest on usuing the same stuff on doorpanels and dashboard? are door panels leather as well or vinyl?

I also have some armorall should i use that on dash and panels?

G

·
NickT916 said:
I have gotten some meguiars on the seats then i bagged the seats to let it soak in for a couple of hours then ill wipe it off... do you guy suggest on usuing the same stuff on doorpanels and dashboard? are door panels leather as well or vinyl?

I also have some armorall should i use that on dash and panels?

Yeah when I cleaned my mom's Honda, she had some armourall. That worked great and in the end it looked amazing :D .

-Dino

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,913 Posts
BDT-TT said:
Yeah when I cleaned my mom's Honda, she had some armourall. That worked great and in the end it looked amazing :D .

-Dino
i heard amorall in the long run is bad for leather, it soaks the leather and when it dries out cracks will form over time.

i dont have proof either way, that is just what i heard (i use all mequires products)

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,477 Posts
james said:
303 protectant
Beat me to it! :gfight: :run:

Armor all makes a formula for leather, FYI. Regular AA is for rubber and plastic. :)

G

·
I don't see any real benefit in using the Meguiars Leather stuff you mentioned. Not that it's bad, just doesn't leave me with a WOW impression. Plus, it's a bitch to remove excess from the stitching.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MyCarIsSlow said:
I don't see any real benefit in using the Meguiars Leather stuff you mentioned. Not that it's bad, just doesn't leave me with a WOW impression. Plus, it's a bitch to remove excess from the stitching.
yea i agree with you on that one!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
i heard from a professional detailer that armor-all on the interior dash pieces is not good for them. in the long run, it does damage. the best bet is just use warm water. in terms of the shine, i have no idea. the shine gets annoying to me in direct sunlight. o well

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't recommend Armor All to any of my clients, I've seen what it does to dashboards, especialy if the car is outside most of the time.

On leather, only one choice: Leatherique. If you use Armor All: 1) You will slide all over your seat (that's the silicone in the product) and 2) The same silicone seals the leather's pores, speeding up its aging and resulting in seats cracking and/or splitting.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I use the 303 aerospace protectant.

One thing though. Don't spray it on the surface and then wipe like the instructions say, spray it on your terry or microfiber cloth and then wipe. I still find little droplets that floated around the cabin and stuck to parts I had already cleaned.

·
Registered
296 Posts
SteelCitySupra said:
Lexol .. i think its called brown bottle.... works great. ill double check
I think it's called the Lexol Vinyl Protector. I hear it works great also. Doesn'te leave a heavy shine, but like a new car look to it.

~Asim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts