Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently running a SP74 GTS, injectors are 850 with a custom fuel rail..

Can you think of a better turbo for just street use and maybe road courses?

TIA

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
So in other words, you're just asking for something with quicker spool? Anything smaller than the 74 you have now will spool faster. Look into the 61 and 63mm turbos.

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
I have the regular old BL67mm P-trim and it is downright the most fun I have ever had in any car I ever owned. The only thing I might be doing is going with the DBB67 when and if this one fails but this thing is an AWESOME street turbo. It has good spool and when set up right will make 700rwhp on a 6 speed and run into the low 10's or high 9's with a auto trans.

The perfect Supra street turbo IMHO!!

Bob

·
Very Senior Member
10,056 Posts
Currently running a SP74 GTS, injectors are 850 with a custom fuel rail..

Can you think of a better turbo for just street use and maybe road courses?

TIA
I would stick to the range of 57mm to 63mm for a road course. I run a 57mm with decent results (minimal lag and good power).

·
Boost Junkie
12,624 Posts
67mm DBB is the best all around in my opinion, especially if you don't want to run drag radials all of the time.

Steve K.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive heard alot about the 67mm DBB, think I am going to try that out. Thanks!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the regular old BL67mm P-trim and it is downright the most fun I have ever had in any car I ever owned. The only thing I might be doing is going with the DBB67 when and if this one fails but this thing is an AWESOME street turbo. It has good spool and when set up right will make 700rwhp on a 6 speed and run into the low 10's or high 9's with a auto trans.

The perfect Supra street turbo IMHO!!

Bob
What a/r are you running on your 67?

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
I have an ITS T61DBB with .81 exhaust A/R and like it. Positive boost before 3k rpms and from around 3.7k revs full boost. So even faster than the stockers.
Just my 0.02

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
this is like asking are red heads better than blondes? It's personal preference. I like my T61 (yes I am biased) but i like no lag. Some people don't mind lag and then the big hit. You have to try them each..... find someone near you with turbos that you can test drive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts