Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just plopped about 10 grand into the supra...EMS AEM, new rebuilt, port and polish, new spearco, hard pipe, exhaust, DP...the works....I now need the turbo. I had a custom turbo elbow made that is 3" ported, so i would like to make use of it. i know that limits me. I need opinions on what to do. I have priced a 62-1 big shaft from majestic turbo(need external wastegate) and one from horsepowerfreaks.com and turbonetics. I am aiming for 500-550 RWHP when it's all said and done. any opinions? Trev87supraturbo

B

·
0 Posts
heh... you have an EMS, and the "works" (which im not doubting) but you are concerned about using something that will use a stock turbo elbow....

·
it's a rod knock life
489 Posts
If you want to use that elbow you have the best option would likely be the bolt on sp61. It uses the bolt on t3 stage V hot side.
I've had good success with the ss stage v. It's been upgraded since then, but the bottom end took a shit.

Overall, if you have the works, save a grand more or less and get a t4 manifold or adapter, sp61/63gt, external wastegate and downpipe. You'd be golden.
I like to see the bling of big turbos, etc. But I love to see more with less though.
Choice is yours.
Patrick

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
or pay $1200 now and get a bolton turbo thats probably capable of 500 rwhp.... the SP61GT. you have all of the parts to make big power with this turbo IMHO.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
bdekoning said:
heh... you have an EMS, and the "works" (which im not doubting) but you are concerned about using something that will use a stock turbo elbow....
:stupid:

that is TOTAL truth....w/your setup its time to forget the crap of the CT or even the bolt on T3/T4.....time to move on.

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
330 Posts
I think the b.b. version of the SP61GT, with the larger inlet/outlet comp housing, would be the most cost effective turbo for that amout of power (~$1700). Or you could go with a new manifold, custom turbo, ext wastegate, custom D.P., custom lines, etc. It just depends on how much money you want, or have, to spend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts