Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 60-1 P-trim and i know is uses a 3" dp.. but what T4 turbo's use bigger? is it the Q trim housings?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
It's not only about the size of the turbo's outlet on how to base what size of a DP to have. Someone posted not long ago about how exhaust gases will spiral out of turbo and flow nicely into a slightly larger DP than the exhaust outlet of the turbo.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
humm... well the reason i asked was because my turbo uses a v-band clamp so a 3" fits pefectly on it... so i dont see how a slightly bigger one would seal unless the outlet on the housing was bigger

·
Grocery Getter
439 Posts
you could flare(don't know if the right word?) the piping so it goes from 3'' to 4'' within a matter of inches coming off the housing.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Yup, they taper outward to the full size. That's how my 3.5" DP works and the pictures of the 4" DPs I've seen.

94WasagoodYR said:
you could flare(don't know if the right word?) the piping so it goes from 3'' to 4'' within a matter of inches coming off the housing.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahhh.. i see... so all T4's have the same sized outlet?

·
Registered
807 Posts
nope.... T4 exhaust sides range in size, from 3 inch on up. depends more on the wheel than the hotside though...

Justin

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,491 Posts
for some information on the Greddy T-88 34-D, it has a 3" outlet. I beleive the T-88H has a 3.5" outlet.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
REG-UL8 said:
for some information on the Greddy T-88 34-D, it has a 3" outlet. I beleive the T-88H has a 3.5" outlet.
humm.. interesting... what about SP turbo's?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts