Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a t-78 with alot of stuff done to the motor, and I was contemplating on which type of gas to run... I have the options of 101 unleaded, c12, c14, and c16.
I do not have a full fuel system yet but I am running the VPC set. I was think just the 101 but what do you guys think?

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
I think you will need to provide more details? For example:

- What do you mean by "not a full fuel system"?
- What boost level are you running?
- What octane level was your car tuned on?
- etc.

Brad

·
BPU is so 1997
5,353 Posts
That would be dependant on the boost level you run. If money isn't an object, I would run C-16 all day long.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I would keep boost low on stock fuel systemand run 91 octane.When you upgrade
fuel system and run more boost use higher octane 101 would be fine.

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok Sorry I got cams, pistons, rods, turbo kit, FMIC, VPC GCC, and i got this installed about a month ago so the car is still untuned. I was going to just put some 101 in the tank and pull the battery cable to reset the ECU.

I know I need to tune the car but I work everyday, all day so its hard to get it into SPE. It really just sits in the garage but when I take it out I want to get on it a little bit. I am running off the wastegate so I guess boost is 1.1 and don't plan to run any higher until the fuel is put in...

If its not worth it let me know I am just wanting to make sure the car runs great all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts