Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running 94oct from the pump and I've ran 18psi of boost(not daily) every now and then for the past 2 years. For the track, what kind of race gas is good for a bpu+supra. Is higher the octane the better? or is there a point where it's too much octane won't help my car at all? Also, depending on what race gas I use, what's a safe level of boost for race gas? Thank you.

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
Umm im pretty sure on BPU you will not need much more than 100 octane. There is a sticky on it somewhere in the MKIV section IIRC. And I believe if you are at 100 octane you can run as much boost as the stockers can put out, around 22.

I've run c16, and c12 at the track, and i think it ran better in the c12. Now i've been using trick 110 as its easier to get for me and somewhat cheap. about 4.25/gal.

Alex

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
try to mix the gas with your 94 to get about 105octane. Thats is way more than enough octane to be safe on a BPU car running18-20psi. Too much octane will actually hurt the performance. ry and get to the track with under a 1/4 tank of gas and jsut buy 3 gallons of c16 and mix it, that will work fine. Just drive the car around the pits and parking area for a bit to get it all mixed good and into the fuel lines.

Make sure to reset the ECU after its all mixed and your ready to go.

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
If you run a 50/50 mix of c12 and 94 (4 total gallons) I believe that'll get you 103octane. Whatever you feel works better in your budget though.

Alex

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
i used 100 straight unleaded in my tank for my best results ever..110 and higher didnt do anything...

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
That would be their motor octane correct?? If so then he's right. Number he gave is just like the number we use off the pumps. RM/2 ;) So he will use that number to get a correct octane rating after mixing.

But someone correct me if im wrong :)

Alex

1 - 10 of 10 Posts