Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
trubo spura
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm chris from palm beach county. I've been registered here a while but just picke dup my first Supra a few days ago. It's a 93 black on tan leather w/ 97k miles NA 5spd, I know no turbo :sad: but its time will come. I've wanted one since before I could drive and managed to pick up a deal. If anyone herelive sin palm beach county and gets the post, pick up say... any issue from last weeks and check the classifieds, you'll see it there. It's in great shape for a 93 especially, and I ended up getting it for 12.9k so I'm happy. The first owner drove it 95k miles the next owner who I bought it from had it 2 years and only put 2.3k mi on it, he had a 3 inch exhaust put on at Total Performance in west palm which I included a picture of as well as an intake, and it came with brand new Yokohama Avid V4s' as well.

Here's a few pictures. Sorry for the angles, I have it in my garage as it won't be registered and insured until tomorrow. I'll be posting up nice pics after that in members rides.

Wondering if any of you southeast guys make it out to any meets around here, I used to bring the Solara (with nitrous) in the background of some of those pics to southern and 441 sometimes and glades and 441 sometimes as well. There was one time 5 black supras showed up there, and I've seen some of them before, but I was wondering where you guys usually roll out to. I noticed the thread about the meet in margate and I'll be making it down to that on Sunday for sure.

I know there's some nice Florida MKIVs rollin around so I hope to meet some of you soon.

-chris

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Looking good...dont let it discourage you just because its NA, they handle the turbo setups quite well :D

·
Turbo-Freaks Producer
342 Posts
I'm in Palm Beach Gardens, but my car is in the body shop :(. But when its out we'll have to supra get together out at moroso. The guys in Boca are really friendly too and like to meet up sometimes at moroso as well as do some other supras from Palm City/ Port St. Lucie area. Later.

·
trubo spura
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Technol, I'm in North Palm, I go up to Jupiter a lot for one thing or another. Though I won't drive it up there as much as I did my Solara, if you see a black MKIV you've never noticed before, it'll probably be me. You making it down to the JM Lexus thing this weekend? I'll be there Sunday if you wanna ride down there with the SC.

Thanks for the comments everyone else.

-chris

·
trubo spura
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tightlines88 said:
I'm in Palm Beach Gardens, but my car is in the body shop :(. But when its out we'll have to supra get together out at moroso. The guys in Boca are really friendly too and like to meet up sometimes at moroso as well as do some other supras from Palm City/ Port St. Lucie area. Later.
Really? Where in Gardens? I've never seen your car before. I live literaly a couple minutes way in north palm. Let me know when she gets out of the shop, I'd be glad to head to Moroso. What did you have to take it in for, and where are some good reliable trustable shops around here? I would feel much more comfortable taking my car to somewhere other Supra owners have had positive experiences.

-chris

·
Premium Member
7,333 Posts
There's an Orlando meet coming up (as you've probably seen). The Supra meets are good to hang out at if you're looking for motives to blow $50K.

·
trubo spura
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I know fridays there's the 441 southern metting, I used to go to SF on thursdays, I know mondays there's DD in boca or Zios in delrey, does towers still go on or no? I'm just wondering where the palm beach supras end up rollin out to so I can meet some of my fellow MKIV owners, and get help and advice on things as well, especially once I undertake the turbo project. If any of you guys are headin out anywhere pm me and let me know, I'll do my best to make it out. LikeI think I said already I'll be out to southern friday if I'm not at moroso to watch some friends and maybe even see what ET I can pull, and Sunday I'll be down at the JM event.

Oh, and if you palm beach guys don't mind telling me where you take your cars for work you don't do yourselves I'd appreciate it. Any feedback on experiences with TPS in west palm on dixie and belvedere?

-chris

·
Banned
378 Posts
TPS is the shit, highly recommended.

I also need to know where to meet up on certain nights, someone PM me if u dont mind, like you projectsupra for example :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
i'll be out at the meet as well. with my graphite grey sc300. Any of you local guys want to pick up a NA-T manifold? :1poke:

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
dominosuprasol said:
I know fridays there's the 441 southern metting, I used to go to SF on thursdays, I know mondays there's DD in boca or Zios in delrey, does towers still go on or no? I'm just wondering where the palm beach supras end up rollin out to so I can meet some of my fellow MKIV owners, and get help and advice on things as well, especially once I undertake the turbo project. If any of you guys are headin out anywhere pm me and let me know, I'll do my best to make it out. LikeI think I said already I'll be out to southern friday if I'm not at moroso to watch some friends and maybe even see what ET I can pull, and Sunday I'll be down at the JM event.

Oh, and if you palm beach guys don't mind telling me where you take your cars for work you don't do yourselves I'd appreciate it. Any feedback on experiences with TPS in west palm on dixie and belvedere?

-chris
I'm in West Palm. I went to the 441 meet a month or so ago. I was the only Supra there. Is anybody going to be there friday? I would stop by.

I can recommend Marshall from TPS for tuning. If things don't go exactly as planned he doesn't mind doing what is necessary to get things right. I had to have a few odds and ends taken care of while on the dyno.

Dennis

·
trubo spura
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
survyor2 said:
I'm in West Palm. I went to the 441 meet a month or so ago. I was the only Supra there. Is anybody going to be there friday? I would stop by.

I can recommend Marshall from TPS for tuning. If things don't go exactly as planned he doesn't mind doing what is necessary to get things right. I had to have a few odds and ends taken care of while on the dyno.

Dennis
Did you show up with a black SRT4? If so I was there. I was going to go to southern/441 friday, but I think I'm actually heading to moroso friday, it's MM and a bunch of N2S guys are gonna be out. They usually comprise about half that meet anyhow so I doubt I'll be there. Next week I should be out to 441 and southern tho, I'll let you know if I am for sure but it'd be nice to have a coulpe supras out there.

-chris

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm in the West Palm area a lot and i will be down for meets.

I can also say that TPS is def a great shop to bring your car to. I would not bring my car to any other shop around here unless they approved of it. Not only do they konw their stuff, but they are great with their customer service.They are all great over there and will take good care of you.

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
dominosuprasol said:
Did you show up with a black SRT4? If so I was there. I was going to go to southern/441 friday, but I think I'm actually heading to moroso friday, it's MM and a bunch of N2S guys are gonna be out. They usually comprise about half that meet anyhow so I doubt I'll be there. Next week I should be out to 441 and southern tho, I'll let you know if I am for sure but it'd be nice to have a coulpe supras out there.

-chris
Actually I was with a PT Cruiser GT...maybe thats what your thinking of? If you saw a black mk3 with volks...that was me. I won't be there tomorrow but I'll try next week.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Dont know if its been mentioned or not.....but Saturday, around 5pm, a bunch of us will be at JM lexus on Sample Road, west of 441...they are having a Lexus/Toyota meet....be a good time to meet a lot of the locals.

Nick

1 - 20 of 20 Posts