Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my 02 C32AMG in about 2.5 yrs ago with 14k miles on it after it had been in for the 14th repair since I owned it (8 months). The local dealership still screws up and calls me every few months since I am still in the system telling me another repair is done and come pick up the car! The poor asshole that bought it from the BMW dealer I traded it in at actually called me a few months later and couldn't believe I traded in such a "mint" car, lol!

·
Banned
497 Posts
Mitsubishi Diamante, total POS. Engine blew at 82,000miles, replaced under warrenty, cotinued to burn 1qt of oil per 1 1/2taks of gas. Smoked like a train and rattled to no end. I will never, NEVER buy another DSM.

·
il faut voir pour savoir
956 Posts
Least reliable ... hmm. I've had an acura legend, mitsubishi 3000GT, '93 grand cherokee, '02 jeep grand cherokee, and an '00 500R, and none of them were unreliable at all. Well, the '93 Jeep was as soon as it hit 200k - had to replace the alternator and radiator. But nothing else - oh, the VR-4 needed a starter once. But that was it. Guess I've just been lucky.

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
In order of least reliability:

1989 Dodge Daytona
1994 Camaro Z28 6speed
1995 Eclipse GSX

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,780 Posts
1985 Cutlass Ciera Brougham <----Only ballers could afford that model.

I had the P.I.M.P. purple plush interior and an HO Quad 4 under the hood. Holla! The whitewalls said class, and the fact that every light on the car was cracked screamed passion. Let it be known that although I somehow managed to rack up over 175,000 miles, doctors say that I am still able to have children.

These are not actual pictures of what it looked like. Use your imagination; I am sure it looked much worse.

BTW: Thank god for AMG, next time you should buy the car from me. Dear god I am never going back to a car like that, you will have to pry the keys to any of my prior AMG's from my cold dead hands.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I traded my 02 C32AMG in about 2.5 yrs ago with 14k miles on it after it had been in for the 14th repair since I owned it (8 months). The local dealership still screws up and calls me every few months since I am still in the system telling me another repair is done and come pick up the car! The poor asshole that bought it from the BMW dealer I traded it in at actually called me a few months later and couldn't believe I traded in such a "mint" car, lol!
woops. friend just traded his C43 for a C32. He put a lot of $ into the 43 so I hope he has better luck w/ the 32.

my 3000GT was probably the least reliable. The transmission went soon after buying it and I replaced the battery, alternator, fusible link, in the year and a half that I owned it. Also ran pretty bad for most of it's life. Still miss it though. My old 2G eclipse NT was very reliable until I tried to turbocharge it. What a mistake that was.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Volkwagen Jetta GLI. Biggest POS ever.

·
King of the Jungle
1,265 Posts
1997 Honda Accord. But that was more because the car was possessed. So actual least reliable vehicle I have owned would have to be a '92 Eagle Talon TSi AWD with only 70k miles on it. That thing was a piece.

Most reliable was a 2000 Ford Mustang. I beat the crap out of it day in and day out and it never skipped a beat.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
99% of my cars were very reliable - it took me a minute of thinking back to even come up with anything.

I had a 90 Miata that had a consistent fuel problem, but it was an aftermarket issue, not a Mazda issue.

I also had a Mitsubishi Galant Sigma that ate rotors.

Thats about it :lol:

·
Banned
381 Posts
1995 Lincon Mark VIII

Interior was always falling apart and eventually the transmission just blew up while we were on a trip to Arkansas, we just left the car there and bought a new car when we got back lol.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Least reliable: 1989 20th Anniversary Pontiac Trans Am "Indy 500 Pace Car", 3.8L Turbo, 26K miles.

Dead fuel pump
Cracked oil pump housing
Dead oil pressure switch
Leaky valve cover gaskets
Leaky front/rear seals
Leaky trans pan
Leaky rear diff gasket
Leaky t-top seals
Rattle-fest dashboard
Broke a few rocker arms
Spun main bearing
Twisted 2 rods 2 different times
Split crankshaft in half, seriously

Most reliable: 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2L, 168K miles.

Fuel pump at 120K miles
Radiator at 140K miles
Window switch at 145K miles
Trans (finally) at 160K miles.

She's a trooper, and for sale. :)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
1993.5 single turbo supra

in 2 years

*new head gasket
*new harmonic balancer