Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up my 98 White TT this week, what wheels should I look into?? I have owned every color car but white so I do not even know what looks good with this color. And I have been out of the game for so long I do not know what wheel companies are the hottest now. I just want something that is going to look really clean with a stock TT. I plan on lowering it just a little bit and BPU mods but its a 98 and all original, I do not want to kill it, it looks great as it sits. I am just trying to add a bit of spice to make the car stand out even more then it already does.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
You will see alot of black wheels on white cars. My personal opinion is that it is more interesting to add a third color (white body, black windows and trim and a diff. wheel color). I run gunmetal. You can look at silver, that looks nice on white. Check out the "Unofficial White Supra" thread.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fuji, that gave me some ideas but it still isnt an easy decision!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I will say that people have told me to sell the gunmetals and go for some black HREs. Truthfully, I would have gone this route from the start but the SF Challenges I'm running now came at a good price and have really grown on me. CCWs always look tops on a white car. Check out their line. It shouldn't be so hard to choose- just identify your budget and decide on a size. Some manufacturers won't offer all sizes so you can strike those off the list. If HREs or CCWs are too rich for you then that eliminates them (unless you buy used). It took me 2 weeks to make a decision.
Whatever you choose now may change later. Some guys change wheels as we change weeks. One note on size, 18 inch is a nice size for both street and track. 19s are blingy but not well suited for track. Also ask yourself if you desire a lowered suspension. If so, factor that in to your wheel size selection (and budget!).

PS: Educate yourself right now on the subject of offsets. Don't make the mistake of accepting a wheel becuase it looks cool only to find out that you are now limited to a certain aspect ratio tire.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
bronze>gunmetal>gold>black...it's hard to go wrong with white

·
Registered
619 Posts
19" CCW SP 500's...there are pics of it somewhere, i think in the unofficial white supra thread! they look very good!

CCW 505 a's are awesome too, or some HRE's!

Volk racing SF challenges look great, or the GTC's (in gold especially!)

my all time favourite wheel is the Forgeline Sp3p (polished)

it all depends on the piggybank lol

Take care,
Yann

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ya, the CCW's are nice but if these and the HRE's I am looking at are really $1000-$1200 per wheel I will just stop looking for now until I save a bit more, I planned on doing BPU first and my 1' lowering and unless I get a good deal or find some used.... my wheels last.

The 540,545, 547, all look good to me from HRE.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts