Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What wheels for Diamond White Pearl Supras?

-Mods- please move if need be

Hey everyone I just purchased my first Supra. I posted it in the NEW TO SF section.

Here is what I am curious about though: I want to know what wheels look good on the Diamond White Pearl Supra's with gold emblems. I know there aren't too many out there so if you have some pictures please post them.

Also, if anyone knows just HOW MANY 1995 SE's were DWP and 5speed manual that info is greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
766 Posts

Here is what I am curious about though: I want to know what wheels look good on the Diamond Pearl White Supra's with gold emblems.

Congrats on the puchase! Hope you will enjoy the car.
Check 'member rides' white supra's and the wheel thread. Plenty of wheels in there.
Wheels are very personal so buy whatever you like. My suggestion, a 5 spoke wheel black face and polished lip.
Some say it's played out, but so are classics and they still look good.
also what is DPW?

I would like to know too.
Casper

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DPW= Diamond Pearl White - I believe it is paint code Toyota 056. I guess of the SE's only 412 were 5spd manual. I am curious how many were Diamond Pearl White...

I was wondering if anyone had pictures of some gold centered classics or anything on these.. Im not a huge fan of gold wheels but I want something that will look great with the pearl white paint. Maybe like you said some black classics with polished lip.

Thanks again all!

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Don't get rid of your Enkei RP01's, they're strong and very light, and they don't make them anymore.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Congrats on your Supra! Do what you like, its your Supra ;)

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Agreed. Wheels are fine. Just needs a wing

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
haha you guys and your wings.. I've debated on it. I thought maybe doing a cabon fiber lip kit around the bottom and then the carbon fiber trunk lip. What do you think?

I know these Enkei's are not very common anymore. I figured I'd keep them if I wanted to look sporty or go on a road race course...

I was kind of interested in something just like this:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Automotive design

Anyone know what wheels those are?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Yes, its a DWP and 95 SE 5spd HT.

And its Toyota 051. Pretty much Chrome or black powdercoated with a chrome lip look good. Its just like having a white car bro.
Sometimes Gold looks good too. I personally am caught between a set of Classics or Forgestar F14's.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
haha you guys and your wings.. I've debated on it. I thought maybe doing a cabon fiber lip kit around the bottom and then the carbon fiber trunk lip. What do you think?

I know these Enkei's are not very common anymore. I figured I'd keep them if I wanted to look sporty or go on a road race course...

View attachment 75494

Looks like Volk SF Challenge ... sweet wheels for sure. If you don't mind used wheels.. I believe Tony N has a set for sell in gunmetal that will go well with your Supra.. infact.. his Supra is white too!

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?579127-HD-Photoshoot-94-White-Soup

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw TonyN's supra in the White Supra Thread- Sick.. I think I still might need a towel.

Aphlux- where are you stationed?

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Northstar- What front lip are you running?

·
Registered
135 Posts
NO WING! Supra's look much more of a matured car, and aggressive without the wings in my opinion.

I think the carbon trunk lip would be better than a wing.

Brushed face CCW Classics, though a polished lip would look better with this.

You know that's too sexy

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
check out mkiv.com regarding the question on how many DPWs were made.
I've been searching, but nothing that I have found so far has come up to say anything other than its was only for 95 SE's, and there were 412 manual SE (all hard top) produced in 95. I haven't been able to locate a production chart for the SE's :(

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts

View attachment 75494

That's a picture of a local friends car... He is on the boards (Good2GetBlown), you can look up threads started by him to see more pics of that car with those wheels... They are Volk SF Challenge, gold with a polished lip...

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Milon- Thank you!
Also- It looks like your car is Diamond White Pearl- was yours a factory 5spd? Do you know how many were sold/produced for the US market?

Trying to find out how many there were DWP.. Ive searched high and low and 2 days later still empty handed :(

Thanks!

·
Registered
231 Posts
If it's a hardtop 5spd SE - 412 total. (Per MKIV.com) So a fraction of the preceding. I'm honestly not sure anyone cared enough to track NA's. You'd have to dip quite deeper into import numbers. I would definitely be interested in seeing the split. :D Looks like you scored a very nice example though. ^_^

I'm a 5 spoke person. Gunmetal Volk GT-C's tend to look excellent on Supras. (Mildly biased, they are on my car) Work Meister 2's, etc.

Personal preference... The wheels on the car are far too skinny. It's a much larger car than tiny spokes seem to imply. (Stock Turbo wheels might be a cheap upgrade with decent tires if you can get them for $200-$400.)

Wish you the best of luck. Taking care of maintenance up front will let you enjoy (and abuse) the car for years to come. :D

I'm a fan of wingless cars. The cf trunklid spoiler white Supra is an example I'd love to see more of. :D

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cybercycle- yes I have gathered its 1 of 412. I wish I could dig further :( I can't even find what paint colors 95 SE's came in! :(

I too am a fan of the wingless look, and I do agree the current Enkie's are too skinny of spoke. The car also comes with the stock wheels and tires so i can pick and choose.. lol

Thank you!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.