Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

what do yoiu recommend wheel size?

Is 18 x 8 and 9 ok? (This is for the track of course)

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
IMO, you don't want to downsize the width of the wheel. stock is 17 x 8 front and 17 x 9.5 rear, so you want to have bigger width so you can put on a bigger wider tires.

·
Registered
531 Posts
CCW's 18x10.5 18x12 is max stock with rolled fenders. 295 to 305 fronts 315 rears go skinny and you will regret it later. Our cars run better with a ton of rubber up front.

·
Banned
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bart97 said:
CCW's 18x10.5 18x12 is max stock with rolled fenders. 295 to 305 fronts 315 rears go skinny and you will regret it later. Our cars run better with a ton of rubber up front.
jeeezus!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
bart speaks the truth :)
i use 18x10 and 18x11.5 simmons , and in australia a set of tyres to outfit those wheels will cost around $3000 :)
i went with pirelli corsa's
if you want to go fast at the track you need to rubber up :nods:

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
I agree with Terry and with 'Rz' . in particular, front grip is needed with our heavy cars.

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
grip is one thing, but the biggest reason I was running 18x10s and 11s was for heat disipation. in the summer, my 265f / 295r r compounds were not enough for going fast. They couldn't simply shed the heat they build up and they would get super greasy and sometimes chunk.

Terry's setup will take some work to get them to fit. but 10s and 11s will bolt right on with a little rear fender rolling.

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
Good point, Matt. When I wrote my post I was thinking grip over the duration of some hot laps, not just cold-tire grip. Thanks for calling out this key point.

And I agree - wider than 265 is needed in front.

·
Registered
531 Posts
One day at the track I corded my drivers front tire and didn't have a replacement . so I put on one of my 305 rear tires it was tight but the grip was unbelievable on that side,gained more than 5mph in turns 2,8 and 9 at WSIR but did have some rubbing issues, only ran it that one day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts