Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Title says it all.

What would a 1998 Quicksilver Supra go for, with 96k mile chasis, originally NA, swapped to a USDM 2JZGTE motor with 73k miles, auto tranny? Fully loaded, leather, targa, everything. Mods would be basically bpu, 375-400whp.

Thanks

· Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Most people unless they know Supras very well, wont care if its a QS or not. But what kind of new motor did you swap in? TT im guessing, and the car has realatively low mileage. I would say low 18-23K if its a TT. Also a modlist would help

No, I have not done the swap. Just curious how much the car would be worth if I did. I have been considering the swap for the last month.

Updated original thread with more info. I was hoping the value would be between $27-28k.

· Registered
6,358 Posts
23-24k in my opinion. Depends how well you'd take care of it and such. Yeah like Kroze said, 6 speed would help a lot on the value, but then again you'll end up spending way more. You could also sell it for a bit more by finding someone who isn't that educated with Supras and swaps, etc. just remember to add on the Supra turbo badge :rofl:

Keep her, and do it. I'm 100% happy with my swap. Rolling in a TT QS is sah-weet!

· Registered
552 Posts
20k if you want it to sell within 6 months. Your car is an n/a and an auto to boot. Swapping in a TT motor, which can be had cheap these days, will not increase the value by 10k. Then you have the n/a inferior brakes, rear diff, sway bars and the fact that it's a swapped car. The QS doesn't bring a large amount to the value, unless it was TT from the factory. Sell your car for whatever you can get and get a used, ORIGINAL, TT, Auto for low 20's! Just my 2psi

· Registered
571 Posts
Man, these are disappointing values. I remember last year, never seeing a '98 TT model under $25k.
The market sucks balls right now and probably will for a while until the economy gets back in shape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.