Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think would make a more fun weekend car for cruising during nice weather, maybe a few small road race events, driving around town, etc.

I was looking in the 30-35 range and the two cars I see that seem like they would be a fun weekend toy are:

1st Gen Viper or 05 Lotus Elise

Viper
Pros: Good looks, wanted one since I saw one in Grade school (1992), v10 6 speed, no games attitude, rare, torque, holds value
Cons: Old (94-95), no windows, parts are becoming hard to come by

Elise
Pros: Newer, rare, good looks (subjective), AC and windows, street legal race car
Cons: Tiny, more expensive, no torque, sort of odd shape

·
Acolyte of Dienekes
2,458 Posts
lightweight and gobs of power... hmm, I'd recommend having your cake and eating it too: LSX FD. And the icing on the cake is it's cheaper than either, and sexier IMO. Damn I sound like a broken record...

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lightweight and gobs of power... hmm, I'd recommend having your cake and eating it too: LSX FD. And the icing on the cake is it's cheaper than either, and sexier IMO. Damn I sound like a broken record...
no thanks, dont really want a project car

·
Saved
643 Posts
I'd rock an Elise anyday of the week over a Viper. I'm just a fan of low low weight so I'm biased. Slap a K20 in there and supercharge it and you have a fun fun little ride. Also, you can't complain about a crappy interior with the Elsie like you can with the Viper, as the Elise has no interior to complain about :D

·
Banned
497 Posts
Gen I Vipers are POS,fit and finish is that of a Kit car, go Gen II+ only...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Tampa is hot enough, do you REALLY want to be driving a car with built in crematorium oven(aka:Viper passenger compartment)as well??

Elise/Exige is the winner.

Christian

·
Registered
886 Posts
Elise over a Gen I viper. Gen II+ is a different story.

I guess it would depends how far you want to drive it and how picky you are about comforts. Both would not be real comfy environment but I would opt for the Elise because of the go-kart fun factor with exotic looks

·
Lost in Dawg-land
550 Posts
Were I in your shoes it would be hands down Elise compared to either generation Viper. I am a light weight sports car kind of guy though.

·
2014 E63 S
2,517 Posts
You can get a Gen II Viper for that if you look hard enough. I wouldn't consider the Elise. You dont want soccer moms out running you from stop light.

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
There are turbo and S/C kits out there for about $5K for the Elise. Full kits! For that price you have a couple bolt ons for the Viper.

·
Registered
869 Posts
could you imagine 600 hp in that little thing. AMAZING and extremely fun. You would have more fun corner-carving in that than you would with few other cars let alone a viper. Besides you have the supra for straight lines and power etc... ge the lotus hands down. Great car.

·
Z06 convert
1,378 Posts
could you imagine 600 hp in that little thing. AMAZING and extremely fun. You would have more fun corner-carving in that than you would with few other cars let alone a viper. Besides you have the supra for straight lines and power etc... ge the lotus hands down. Great car.
You'd also kill yourself. :angel:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I think he meant the 600 for the Viper and his Supra is gone.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts