Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
thinking if i got a n/a supra what would i need to make it run late 12's smoothly and how much would it cost?
when i say smoothly i mean like idles good, i can still go around town without running out of fuel and dont have to have much boost..
thanks guys..
i just wanna be able to beat these shitty hatchbacks for my first car.. :D

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
The cheapest route would be to install a smaller direct port nitrous system. You should be able to get a kit with all the bells and whistles for ~$800. The car will still drive like normal when you aren't using the spray.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no nitrous if possible, dont like the idea of my engine getting wrecked..and i didnt describe a tt?
my dad owns a tt (my name)
are you guys in america aloud to have nitrous?
were not here in aus.
i dont really wanna turbocharge an n/a but i will if i have to..
insurance isnt very nice when your under 25 witha turbo car...

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
It's according to individual State law. Its illegal in my home state of Maryland, for example. But you Aussie guys drive on the left & can probably import used cars straight from Japan!
Now, on that 12 sec n/a............ I'd like to see that, with no Nitrous or turbo. It might take a totaly stripped out body & a stroked out (puts you in the turbo class, NIRA), rebuilt motor. I'm willing to bet a turbo conversion or swap would yield a more comfortable, more reliable car. Cost? Speed's just a question of money, how fast do ya wannit ($$$$$) to go?:smoker:

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NITROUS MAN!!! thas all you need...hehe. jus mod up your ride a little bit then get 100-shot of nitrous! your solution to all your problems. just dont get trigger happy my friend!

Candy red N/A-

[email protected] (no nos)
[email protected] (nos)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i can get supras etc. from japan real cheap..
is nos legal in america coz is sure isnt here?
maybe i will turbocharge it..
i know i can get a n/a supra from japan for Aust$20,000
(rego'd and everything)
and i'll have about Aust$25,000 to spend..
what would a full turbocharged supra cost?

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
:D Buy & register an n/a, turbocharge it & the ins co. will never know, eh? Insurance covers mostly body damage, personal injury, etc. My insurance co. asked if it was turbo & I said no- OVER THE PHONE!:wink: Hey dude, there's a way to do this:smoker:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah and when you crash your ins co. wont pay for anything..
eg: ins.co: "ooh looks like you need a new turbo...
(your forgetting im in a different country);)

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Hey,93_tt, I was surfin' the nzsupra site & somebody got an n/a with hot cams from Japan! You got a connection for any of these thing?:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts