Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to fit a T78 33D kit thats been offered to me , Would this setup work to start with until i get more $$$$

T78 33D with manifold , gate , dump and lines
Lexus AFM
550cc venom or similar injectors
Fuel pressure reg
Walbro 255l hour pump
Greddy Emanage

Already have a front mount and R154

Just trying to get a idea what i would need to get this going :)

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,911 Posts
You need a built motor and cams to spool it'Qwikly";) Better yet you need a smaller turbo. Big is not always better, Impresssing people by saying you have a t78 means nothing when hondas that are turbo'd blow buy that lagg monster. IF you really want to know what you need to get this going study how to make power with this car, and you won't need to ask this question. Why would you buy anything for your car and not research what you are getting into. Imho you need to first find oyt how turbos work, and then find out how they work in reference to your car. With what you have a bolt on turbo is all that will work at this point!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any other feedback regarding this setup ?

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
i agree with QWIKSTRIKE, that turbo is too big for what you have, do you even have a mhg? because without one of those i wouldnt run a turbo that big. unless you are getting this for an awesome price, turn it down, and either save up for more internal upgrades

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Currently running a 2mm MHG , this kit is going for $1700 USD that including freight from Japan to Australia

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
thats a pretty damn good deal..if i were you i would be tempted to buy it, you always could, then just not install it untill your ready and have the required mods. Do you have any other internal mods? If you run low boost you will be able to run it with tons of lag lol

·
Minor Threat
391 Posts
A vital step would be learning to read compressor maps and calculating how your motor would perform with a given turbo. Like others, I'm inclined to say that that turbo is too big for your motor. But depending on how good a deal you're getting on that package, I'd pick it up, sell off the snail, and get something better suited for the 7M...

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,911 Posts
"A vital step would be learning to read compressor maps and calculating how your motor would perform with a given turbo"

Flow map chart your power is always the best way!;)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
The only thing I can think that you will need is a custom downpipe, and some kind of adpter for the accordian pipe to fit onto the turbo. Its going to be somewhat laggy since most T78's have a .96 A/R(I beleive) and are a big 67mm turbo. But I would think that you should be able to run at least 17psi with out running out of fuel.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The kit comes with a new accordian hose and dump pipe , oil lines etc so in that respect im ok.

Cheers

MRSUPRA said:
The only thing I can think that you will need is a custom downpipe, and some kind of adpter for the accordian pipe to fit onto the turbo. Its going to be somewhat laggy since most T78's have a .96 A/R(I beleive) and are a big 67mm turbo. But I would think that you should be able to run at least 17psi with out running out of fuel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts