Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would i need done to my 88 turbo to get it to run faster in the 1/4 than an nsx and a ferrari 360 spider(or spyder, cant remember how its spelled)

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
god im not usually one to bitch but im soo damn tired of these can i beat what would it take to beat threads...... :rolleyes:

a lot of mods and a good driver thats what....

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,993 Posts
Who ever said 200 shot = LAME

all bottle no throttle :rolleyes:

As for mods...for one good driver
2. probably an upgraded turbo
3. bigger injectors
4. New FMIC.

And you should have a drastic change in 1/4 if im correct im not sure..i dont do alot of drag racing.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Kracin said:
what would i need done to my 88 turbo to get it to run faster in the 1/4 than an nsx and a ferrari 360 spider(or spyder, cant remember how its spelled)
oh, boy

·
Registered
523 Posts
Supra Junky 101 said:
who called the "Serious Police"?

It was a joke, in case you couldn't tell by the rest of the post. As the others have stated, this subject has been talked to death and I did technically give the kid a correct answer. :D

Have a nice day!

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,993 Posts
edmiston9 said:
who called the "Serious Police"?

It was a joke, in case you couldn't tell by the rest of the post. As the others have stated, this subject has been talked to death and I did technically give the kid a correct answer. :D

Have a nice day!

Fair enough...but nitrous is still weak :D

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
I'm with most people's post here. SEARCH. BUT, to give you soje help.

Whenever you are trying to figure out what car you are goiung to beat, figure out that car's power, weight, 1/4 mile time and 1/4 mile trap speed and then figure out how to get you car better than that ... rather simple concept here.

www.car-stats.com says:

The 360 runs the 1320 in high 12s.
The NSX runs the 1320 in low 13s.

Check out the SF mk3 1/4 mile list and check out the mods they have etc. Search for 1/4 mile times etc.

You also aren't specific as to details for what you want for you car like if you want it streetable DD with full interior and a huge sound system or gutted drag car etc.

You could get low 13s by gutting the interior and adding some boost to the stock turbo .. heck you might even get high 12s that way .. if you really gutted and ran about 15+psi on the ct26.

Bascialy you need 400+hp to run mid-low12s all day.

You could upgrade the ct26 to diff compressor and turbine wheels and suport it with fuel and cooling and you would be done. A few+thousand dollars.

If you haven't learned yet, most people don't like these questions. They have been covered NUMEROUS times(and people don't want to type it all agin just for you) and answers like this can be found by a search and more so by logic/physics effort etc.

Best regards.

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
Supra Junky 101 said:
you still have all that stuff from thejza70 for sale 51 ?
Some of it... haven't updated the for sale page in AGES... but it's all here in boxes. I have been meaning to inventory the pile of what's left and update the page. PM me if ya need anything :)

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
nah, this is what you need

hit me up, i can get you the titanium 8"DP and custom intake.

G

·
Supra Junky 101 said:

all bottle no throttle :rolleyes:

As for mods...for one good driver
2. probably an upgraded turbo
3. bigger injectors
4. New FMIC.

And you should have a drastic change in 1/4 if im correct im not sure..i dont do alot of drag racing.
you are the lame one my freind... too pussy to try nitrous eh? :)

btw nsx's are SLOW... i WALKED one hard with my setup BPU, 15psi, SAFR, walbro pump, MSD DIS4 and 100 shot.

doesn't take too much to beat an nsx... then again I am up at 6000 feet where forced induction cars have the advantage.

G

·
The most important thing is to KNOW HOW TO DRIVE. Anyone can have a 400hp mk3, but not everyone can run low 12's. Hell, mkiiisupraguy ran a 12.0 with "only" 390hp.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
alphaoenz said:
The most important thing is to KNOW HOW TO DRIVE. Anyone can have a 400hp mk3, but not everyone can run low 12's. Hell, mkiiisupraguy ran a 12.0 with "only" 390hp.
:agreed: :bigthumb:

Best mod evar: The AD mod.

Awesome Driver.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AWIDESUPIE said:
I'm with most people's post here. SEARCH. BUT, to give you soje help.

Whenever you are trying to figure out what car you are goiung to beat, figure out that car's power, weight, 1/4 mile time and 1/4 mile trap speed and then figure out how to get you car better than that ... rather simple concept here.

www.car-stats.com says:

The 360 runs the 1320 in high 12s.
The NSX runs the 1320 in low 13s.

Check out the SF mk3 1/4 mile list and check out the mods they have etc. Search for 1/4 mile times etc.

You also aren't specific as to details for what you want for you car like if you want it streetable DD with full interior and a huge sound system or gutted drag car etc.

You could get low 13s by gutting the interior and adding some boost to the stock turbo .. heck you might even get high 12s that way .. if you really gutted and ran about 15+psi on the ct26.

Bascialy you need 400+hp to run mid-low12s all day.

You could upgrade the ct26 to diff compressor and turbine wheels and suport it with fuel and cooling and you would be done. A few+thousand dollars.

If you haven't learned yet, most people don't like these questions. They have been covered NUMEROUS times(and people don't want to type it all agin just for you) and answers like this can be found by a search and more so by logic/physics effort etc.

Best regards.
thanks a whole ton, i was basically looking for the 1/4 times on those cars so i would know what kind of times i would need to be shooting for. tried searching but every search i try comes up with 100 threads that mention ferraris or nsx's and nothing about them at all except "nsx's are slow as hell!" tried web too, had everything about the cars but their 1/4 times. thanks again

1 - 17 of 17 Posts