MKIV supra
74mm turbo 272 cams
26psi pump+methanol
4l80e locking the converter in 3rd gear at wide open throttle
mickey thompson 275mm drag radials

Foot brake launch no transbrake
4500rpm stall approx

_______

Obvioulsy 31-33psi slicks [email protected] is what i've gathered with rice fuel

·
Boost Junkie
12,403 Posts
Somewhere in the mid 9s with a good launch.

Steve

·
Boost Junkie
12,403 Posts
What?!! mid 9's with drag radials at 26psi?
WHy not, I went 10.00 on a puny 67mm turbo with drag radials and a built toyota trans at 28psi. I don't see why he wouldn't be able to go quicker with a 74mm turbo, bigger cams, and the GM trans.

Steve K.

·
Enter The Supra
1,902 Posts
He'll need to spool that turbo if he wants to run 9's. My experience with a 71 and the 4l80e with a 4,000 stall has taught me that.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WHy not, I went 10.00 on a puny 67mm turbo with drag radials and a built toyota trans at 28psi. I don't see why he wouldn't be able to go quicker with a 74mm turbo, bigger cams, and the GM trans.

Steve K.
That is impressive times you got there with a "puny" turbo. 67mm is not that small. Wow i was hoping for just 10.35 in the 1/4 at 138mph.

·
Registered
79 Posts
MKIV supra
74mm turbo 272 cams
26psi pump+methanol
4l80e locking the converter in 3rd gear at wide open throttle
mickey thompson 275mm drag radials

Foot brake launch no transbrake
4500rpm stall approx

_______

Obvioulsy 31-33psi slicks [email protected] is what i've gathered with rice fuel
I have the same cam,4l80e,275 tires,and foot breaking went back to back runs 9.80 at 34 pounds of boost stock weight and 100 shot to spool with a 1.47 short time.I will guess low low 10s with your setup .Remember the 4l80e trans does rob some horse power.p.s. I have a 78mm turbo.

·
Boost Junkie
12,403 Posts
I have the same cam,4l80e,275 tires,and foot breaking went back to back runs 9.80 at 34 pounds of boost stock weight and 100 shot to spool with a 1.47 short time.I will guess low low 10s with your setup .Remember the 4l80e trans does rob some horse power.p.s. I have a 78mm turbo.
That is strange. My car was full weight as well with no nitrous to spool and a lazy 1.53 60ft, spinning in 1st gear. If it hadn't spun I think it would have gone 9.8x or so and my car was making alot less power. If that GM trans robs that much power you have to wonder if it is really worth it. Sounds like it robs 150whp or so.

Steve K.

·
1995 TT 6spd
244 Posts
you should defiantly be somewhere in the 9's with some seat time. and i defiantly would not run pump gas at the boost level. meth will not make it safe enough to run without possible detonation.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
you should defiantly be somewhere in the 9's with some seat time. and i defiantly would not run pump gas at the boost level. meth will not make it safe enough to run without possible detonation.
Im with you on the meth part. I known a few guys to blow motors on that stuff. It's a cheap way to make power but if you just ran on c16 an 30psi on that turbo boost alone you would kill the meth numbers and i promise you would even pull the meth kit out an sell it.

I say get some good seat time in too, C16 28-33psi your good for solid 9s.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That is strange. My car was full weight as well with no nitrous to spool and a lazy 1.53 60ft, spinning in 1st gear. If it hadn't spun I think it would have gone 9.8x or so and my car was making alot less power. If that GM trans robs that much power you have to wonder if it is really worth it. Sounds like it robs 150whp or so.

Steve K.
Not really that strange as I was on 275 Street radials and I also spun.The Swanko turbo peaks up in the 40 plus boost range.The potential of of that turbo was not even reached.The temperature that day was 100 plus degrees as well.Slicks and a trans brake I m hoping for 9.teens.The very first two runs I made were back to back 9.80 no tuning on chassis ect.I do know the tranny does rob some power but I know it will hold together at the 40 plus boost range off of a trans brake.

·
Boost Junkie
12,403 Posts
Not really that strange as I was on 275 Street radials and I also spun.The Swanko turbo peaks up in the 40 plus boost range.The potential of of that turbo was not even reached.The temperature that day was 100 plus degrees as well.Slicks and a trans brake I m hoping for 9.teens.The very first two runs I made were back to back 9.80 no tuning on chassis ect.I do know the tranny does rob some power but I know it will hold together at the 40 plus boost range off of a trans brake.
Now that sounds a lot better. Good luck next time out.

Steve

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmm i dont' care what i'd run with c16 as it's not practicial and financially sound to do so on a regular basis.

I just care about what my car can run on a regular basis just driving down the street in a typical, "run what you brung" scenario.

BTW johnathan with the 4l80e were you locking your converter during your pass? If not that's where your loss of 150rwhp is at. I plan to lock that damn converter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts