Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, correct me if i am wrong. but i've heard that a supra tt targa top weighs 3550lbs.
now what would it take to make the car weigh 3300 without the driver?
is there a way you can do this not by stripping the interior and such? thanks guys.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
take out the spare and tools that about40-45lbs total~Xdreamer

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
remove the rear seat and backing ! replace the seats in the front with some sparcos get lighter rims the ones you have on there are really heavey, strip the trunk under the rear carpet (spare ,jack,tools foam )

just some ideas!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
may be i should go on a diet..i weigh 155lbs now..soo how bout lose 55lbs?
no? ok.

J

·
0 Posts
To lose weight you can take out sound insulation, spare tire and tools as Xdreamer said, get lighter rims and seats as Ranger said, and you still wont be 200 pounds lighter. You need to take out some insulation and compromise comfort to really achieve the weight saving you want, and in my opinion, since you guys have turbos, its not even worth it. I have a 96 M3 and it went on a slight diet, but I'm NA and only have ~230 rwhp. Just do some more mods instead....

My $.02,
Josh

·
Registered
849 Posts
Take off the fenders, hood, wing, hatch probably good for 500 pounds. Just kidding.

just do what RanGer498 said
"
remove the rear seat and backing ! replace the seats in the front with some sparcos get lighter rims the ones you have on there are really heavey, strip the trunk under the rear carpet (spare ,jack,tools foam ) "

I would look into increasing the horse power to make up for the weight.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
another way (dont like the idea )
is to change the head unit get a single din-unit you can them get rid of the stock factory amp and also get rid of the sub box in the rear ..again i dont like the idea but it is a way to save a few pounds!

Y

·
0 Posts
Heres some estimates
Go single save 60lb
Remove Trac pump save 20lb
Light weight battery save 25lb
Lighter rims te37 magnesium save at least 10lb per corner 40total
Remove spare wheel tire, tools save 40lb
Remove rear seat save 30lb
Light weight flywheel save 20lb
Electric fans save 10lb not sure
Race seats save 50-60lb
Straight DP and titanium exhaust save 20lb not sure
Light weight springs or coilovers save 40lb not sure
aluminium fluidyne might save weight over over unit
sell your car for hardtop
Thats more than enuf to get your car to 3330 without stripping the interiror and such.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
shoot, i really dont want to go with racing seats or anything like that just yet..i guess i'll go bpu and just take out the rear seats and spare,jacks. thanks for the input guys!

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
you should get a single din cd deck and take out the facorty double dion tap/cd deck and amp and stock sub. thats atleast llike 20lbs you will lose taking them out anf running a aftermartket deck , the rear seats you coulld just take out ther upper rear seat which is like 20-25lbs thwe lower is only like 12lbs. the upper folding seat its the heavest of the two and is you remove the upper only you will still retain a clean stock non striipped down apperance. you could also get aftermarket exhuast with one single pipe instead of one into two into the muffler stock design no clue how much the stock 2 pipe system weighs but its def alot heavier then a single 2.5inch pipe and aftermarket muffler. a aftermarkety battery would aslo be a good idea you could save another 10-20lbs depending on which one you get there.
and then do the small things do you really use you cruise control take out the box and cable another 8lb ish. all the small things add up . I have taken atleast 150-175bs off my car and im still finidng ways to take off more with affecting the comfort.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
-dump the A/C..etc....80lbs..

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
df

i decided to take out the rear seats first for weight reductiong and then possibly the sub box.
Now come to think of it..im probably leaving the spare and jacks, never know when you would get a flat!

·
Registered
255 Posts
The rear seats (top and bottom) weigh 26 lbs total. I weighed them. Not saving much there and making the car look pretty crappy at the same time. Why not drive around at no more than 3/4 full tank of gas most of the time? It's about the same savings. :)

I am just being a dick.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Bad idea

TTBADBOY said:
Remove the rear seatbelts.They weigh a lot and will be hardly missed.

Joe
Did it ever occur to you that seat belts are a safety item:rolleyes:

FYI the rear seat belts don't really weigh that much. If you
want to save a few pounds, get a set of lightweight seats.

Jeff
94 TT 6speed 3274 lbs. :D

T

·
0 Posts
Re: Bad idea

JWatson said:

Did it ever occur to you that seat belts are a safety item:rolleyes:

FYI the rear seat belts don't really weigh that much. If you
want to save a few pounds, get a set of lightweight seats.

Jeff
94 TT 6speed 3274 lbs. :D
Of course it occured to ME.:rolleyes:I dont let people ride in my backseat hence no need for seatbelts.Thank you.

Joe

·
Registered
525 Posts
less weigh = better 1/4

I've seen great results from taking out the passenger seat, the rear seat, all the hatch junk. With 2.0 60fts i pulled 12.21, 12.28, 12.31. with my mph 118-119.01 decent for an auto i must say. my best 60ft ever is 1.95...with this i could have pulled a 12.0 Not bad for dp,exhaust, intake! -TIM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts