Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just trying to get some ideas here. my base timing (with e1 and te1 jumped) shows at approximately 26 degrees and engine warmed up. noticable difference now is that it takes longer to start (about 4 sec) all the time.

i have checked cam and crank sensor resistances, and they're all in spec.

what's odd is that when i disconnect the cam2 sensor while the car is running, there's no difference??? timing stays the same, and car revs the same?

i had a problem with the crank sprocket/trigger wheel, so i have one of those already in the mail, but i'm bored, and want to check some other stuff cause i'm pretty sure it's fine.

i have a spare crank and a spare cam sensor now, but they all check out, so i don't see any point in swapping them since they're in spec.

heh, and i screwed myself over cause my greddy egt gauge went haywire for a while just before this, so i was boosting on 26 degree timing for about 2 days till i figured i should check the timing :(

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would think it's not the emu cause it was running perfect before that stupid incident with the crank sprocket........well, i think it was because my car would always start like a honda on the first crank, but now doesn't.

but i will try that once i get this crank sprocket and prove it's not the problem.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heh, tps is brand new (1 month old) and was properly adjusted at the time, but ok, i'll look at that tomorrow after work.

thanks

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
did you take the EMU out of the loop first? First thing I would do is check it on the stock ECU. Just because I know it does shit like that.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heh, so many damn wires to jump, i'm so lazy. not to mention that i'm not using the emu ignition timing map, so i don't understand why it would mess with the timing. but i will do that, just as soon as i get this damn crank sprocket

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright, alright, i bypassed the emu.......same shit

oh, and if it matters, i don't have any engine codes whatsoever (with emu on or off)

·
Registered
939 Posts
di_rosa said:
confirmed, NOT the tps. unplugged it, and same shit.

Ok so how does that prove the TPS is ok? When the TPS is unplugged the timing gets defaulted to about what you are getting. No idle signal gets a going down the road timing setting like you are seeing. I would look closer.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh, ok, i didn't know that. i'll double check the wiring from the tps plug to the ecu, and then i'll connect another tps on and see if i get the same results.

but can anyone confirm that when you disconnect your cam2 sensor, it doesn't affect idling and no-load revving?

·
Registered
939 Posts
If you have another TPS just plug it in you dont have to mount it. It will be at the idle setting at rest.
Cary

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok, well got my spare crank sprocket (thanks hams), popped that bitch in, same thing, FUCK! double checked the valve timing, perfect, FUCK! unplugged the tps and popped in my spare tps, same deal, FUCK!

all these tests were done with the emu bypassed, and with e1 and te1 jumpered.

sooooooooo, wtf else is there? ecu and cam sensor wiring? guess i'll try temp running the cam sensor wiring as zazzn suggested....heh, then i'll steal his ecu and give that a try.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
..............that's not what i wanted to hear

but with the base timing that high, don't your egts go through the roof? cause i remember before this happened, my plugs were nice and brown (heh, ok, a little closer to black), but now they're fucking WHITE! (lean white, not coolant white). not to mention i got owned on my e-test becasue of this

1 - 16 of 16 Posts