Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always loved GTO's and have had a soft spot for them.

I currently have a G35 sedan, which I love, but I have been offered a trade for a '04 GTO. Similar mileage as my G35. I'm just torn between the two.

Who's had experience with GTO's? Love them hate them? I couldn't imagine going from a Japanese car and stepping into an American ride.

Thoughts?

·
You know I'm retarded...
2,907 Posts
GTO is cool, I like the HP of that thing! If your G35 Sedan, I'm assuming it's for family. Should stay with it, unless your still single then go for the GTO man!!! Don't worry about Japanese or US stepping up, if you love cars, then it doesn't matter. I almost going to buy one because Rhys Millen first brought in the drifting in Formula D, but ended up got the Supra! :)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
If you are getting a GTO, get the 05 and up with 400hp instead of 350hp.

I owned a 05 GTO for about a year. Pretty nice car. It was amaising how the 400hp LS2 made the 3800 pound GTO feel so light. The car did have its drawbacks: The looks are bland, the rear seat access is bad, the trunk is small, and the Shifter sucks.

Other than that, the car is a bargain for the performance. It rides very nice on the hyway, has excellent seats, and gets good Hyway gas milage. Plenty of modable power too. Just remember it's not a sports car, it's a powerful sedan.

·
King of the Jungle
1,265 Posts
I would do the trade based purely on the fact that the exhaust note from the Nissan 3.5L makes me nauseous.

But yeah, definitely do an '05+ if you get one.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
If you trade...make sure it has the LS2. LS1 GTOs are dogs...

Other then that its a pretty even trade IMHO...getting a little more power with the GTO but gaining weight and losing some handling....both have pretty decent interiors.

·
Lost in Dawg-land
550 Posts
I'd take a 05+ GTO over a G sedan anyday. I'd have issues if it was a G coupe vs. the GTO though.

I personally like the styling of the GTO and they sound fantastic with a good aftermarket exhaust. They are down right bargain because of their poor reception.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Either way, I'd trade. The G35 is a dog compared to the GTO, and you can easily modify. Not only that, but the GTO's are extinct now, and IMO are more desireable.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I just remember driving a used 06 G35 and thinking, "what a piece of junk". Maybe it was the car i was driving. But if the GTO feels, rides, or performs better - I'd trade.

·
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love the Holden Manaro's (sp?)

What about monetarily? For example, is the GTO worth more in the upcoming year or so when I plan to sell it or would it be worthwhile to keep the G35? The G35 is fully loaded with nav/aero, which the GTO doesn't have. The mileage are pretty much the same

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
GTO prices are pretty low right now. You haven't mentioned anything about your G35 that would indicate its value, but I saw a GTO on craigslist, black, 31k, 6 speed, for 19k OBO.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts