Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1993.5 Blk/Blk Hardtop 6spd
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k i wont try to get into a long story on this so i'll make it as blunt as i can.....my supra 95 hardtop n/a has frame damage on the front right(didnt go pass the strut) since jan/00....engine starts up and still seems strong @80k....so my question is should i.... A) sell the car as is and get what i can for a down payment on another mkiv? or B) keep it, and start w/ a tt conversion? keep in mind it has been sitting in my back yard since feb/00.....(long story) :blah: thanks for inputs

Steve
[email protected]

·
Registered
88 Posts
What does the car look like? Do you have a big bank account? If so, sell it and save your self some time and trouble and buy a nice tt or single. If not start looking for parts.

·
I pretend to be fast
1,030 Posts
Couldnt you just have the frame damage fixed? Then you can sell it and use that as a down on a tt. Its deffinatly cheaper and much easier to buy a tt rather than convert it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Its been sitting in your backyard for that long?Man i would have been tired of looking at it by the time it sat for a month.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Steve! So you are finnaly getting around to it eh? I say sell it as is. Don't bother spending anymore $$ on it since you probably wouldn't get it back when you sell it. Plus if you are to go with a TT conversion do you really want to start with a salvaged platform?

I never did get to see it in your backyard. Hows the 86?

-Todd

·
Registered
1993.5 Blk/Blk Hardtop 6spd
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the input guys.....and its only been sitting in my backyard for about 6months.....(long story....legal issues.....).....and about the frame damage its not that bad as it sounds.....a little behind the right head light is where it damaged but i think im going to sell it as is and use that for a good down for another....so another question comes to mind......sell it as whole? or part it out? engine still starts and everything (excluding airbags) from the dash back is still good.

P.S. sup todd! lol long time no see....heard you got a mkiv grats man.....yea my 86 is doing great got all the suspension ready to go....just need jose to let me install it at longo lol

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Sell it.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
PM me w/ your phone number. I'll give you some advice on what I would do since I just recently been in the same situation as you.

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
SUPRA180 said:
sell it ....once you have frame damage the car is never the same.....
Not always true.

As for which is better, you have to consider all pros and cons of either side, and just see what's worth more to you. For the right amount of money, anything is possible. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts