Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 441 Posts

·
Took 4 years, got it
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I want to know what would you pay If you came across a 93.5-95 TT 6spd Bone stock that hasnt moved in over 2 years?

I saw it today in a backyard looked and sure enough 6spd TT targa Red. It was sunken into the ground about 3 inches had no cover on it unless leaves and stuff count :rolleyes: 1/4 of the windsheild was covered in leaves. the body look mint other than needing heavy cleaning only visual damage was the rotors being trashed and rusted and the passengers headlight appeared to have water getting inside it looked almost rusty inside of it. Interior was in 8 out of 10 maybe better shape other than nasty polin build up and cobb webbs all over the dash. It looked un modded stock IC and exhaust only mod was Tri spoke ugly 17inch Rims.

When I saw this thing my heart fell I was in shock I still am. I cant belive someone can do that. They must not know what they have if they cant atleast toss some kind of a cover on it. I mean the grass around the car was as high as the hood (even though it was sunk into the ground enough that the front bumper was resting on the ground)

so what do you think it is worth? I think I am going over there this weekend and trying to get it for a steal since I assume it has no planns to be moved and I guess the motor might not run or something

·
Took 4 years, got it
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and to add the tires were 100% tread looked un driven on almost. they were starting to seperate because the car has been un moved in years

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Everything you mentioned as a fault can easily be taken care of. Now just go see if the thing runs and grab it.

Without knowing anything else at all about the car (mechanically), the only other thing I'd be curious about is if there's any sun damage to the leather/interior....like bleached seats from the sun. Stuff that's harder to undo.

If it checked out mechanically and the mileage was right, I'd be very interested (if I didnt already own one).

·
Took 4 years, got it
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I am assuming it is high milage(since it is unknown) and the motor doesnt run other wise I would expect someone to drive it. The leather was hardly even cracked at all. the seats had wear equal to some 80-90K mile supras.

I know most of the stuff I mentioned can be easy to take care of im not even worried if the motor is trashed to be honest. My suspition is that maybe the T belt slipped or snapped because it isnt to easy to blow up a stock supra unless you try hard too.

I am just wondering assuming it wont run what should I expect it is worth, the highest you think you would pay for it? I mean I am going to try and pick it up for dity cheap if I can. Who knows the owner may not even sell it at all.

·
Took 4 years, got it
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
na-tsupraking said:
didnt have my camera on me, I will go back prolly tomorrow and take some and see if anyone is home again.

It is a sad sight to see IMO just because of what it is and how it was treated

·
Took 4 years, got it
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its a sad sight, but I can see the light in it hahaha

·
Took 4 years, got it
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
***Update I got some pics of the car I will resize and post em. ran the VIN# it was last inspected in 1998 it had 43,240 miles at that time and came up 100% clean. The home owner agin was not home. I talked with the neighbor 2 houses down they said it is a old lady and it was her sons car who past away and has been parked there since. I am going to research that by getting the owners name who last registered the car and looking in old newspapers see if I can find the true story. After a second look id say the paint is spent it is fadeing but otherwise the car may possibly still run just after the son pasted it was never moved??!!??

Pics will be up shortly

·
Registered
831 Posts
Dang,,,, it's like a "barn find" or something! Get a price and PM me..... Lets work a brokers fee in there for you .Unless your looking to buy it for yourself!
Thanks
Will

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Shit, i'd get with the owner and see what the odo says and then scoop that bitch up. If it still has decent mileage beyond the 43K/'98 (and not 150K), the next thing to do is made the deal of a lifetime with the mother who obviously has no idea what she could be getting for selling the car. She might sell it for 15k or something ridiculous.
Only problem is that maybe she wants to hang onto it as a momento of her son.

Otherwise, buy it from her, throw some Euro lights in that car, change the wheels and polish that thing up and have yourself a TT :) Judging from the leather on both seats, that car has had little ass traffic in there....looks much like the condition of my seats (Driver = fair and pass = better than average).

Keep us posted when you talk to the mother!

G

·
HAHAHA nice detective work, that car looks like it was stolen and abandoned...ask around and see if you can get it for $4000 cash :)

G

·
also, do not try to run the car, tell her it doesnt run...buy for cheap, tow home, and slowly check it out from there

1 - 20 of 441 Posts