Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, im almost fully buying my mk3 supra :D iwas just need in soem opinions. I have 2 in my option, a turbo and a na. My mechanic says they are both in pretty good condition, just the turbo car is a bot more worn out ie. shock, disc brakes etc.. The na is in tip top shape. THe turbo one costs 2500 cdn and the na is 3800. the turbo has 210,000 and the na has 165,000 kms. I was just wondering which one woudl you pick to buy? i mean the turbo one has more km's and it is used more but i want turbo for the boost. But then again like always low kms asnd lower usage. my mechanic says they will bnoth run for probably close to 100,000 km's and seeing how i only drive about 10 maybe 12 a year, i think i can stand the hgiher. just want everyone elses 2 cents.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Get the turbo!!!! :lol: Obvious answer ;)

When u get it just make sure to do EVERYTHING maintenence related and replace anything worn out, and you can practically forget about mileage.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
get the turbo..see if you can break down the price more...use the money to replace the seals and head gasket one time..with some arp bolts..turbo is better investment..plus when you want to sell ..there easier to sell then the NA...is this turbo a targa top?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
^lol.......

Turbo dude.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heh my bad i was just in a rush. so ya lowball it to 2k? will that be good enough to replace everythign and still match the price?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
are they both 5 spds or what? Keep in mind that worn out brake pads and shocks just means you have to spend about $800 american do not know what it is canadian, and get some new slotted rotors with really good pads flush they blake fluid and put in ATE super blue. Then get your choice of lowering springs and some tockiko blues.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Get the turbo :) Save up and go 1JZ then never worry about a thing called milage with a low milage JDM engine :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
^^ turbo car is cheaper tho so initial cost wud be lower :dunno:

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
TaSe said:
Get the turbo :) Save up and go 1JZ then never worry about a thing called milage with a low milage JDM engine :)
Would this be considered sage advice for someone who takes issue with mileage, worn brakes & tired shocks? Gut feeling says, "No."

Besides, Mississauga, Ontario doesn't sound like a place frequented by rare to North America engine parts deliveries. Give the guy a break & simply recommend one of the two options he has available, as they are.

The decision is easy.
"...i want turbo for the boost."
Done.

·
Six Figure Club
420 Posts
Larry_A said:
Would this be considered sage advice for someone who takes issue with mileage, worn brakes & tired shocks? Gut feeling says, "No."

Besides, Mississauga, Ontario doesn't sound like a place frequented by rare to North America engine parts deliveries. Give the guy a break & simply recommend one of the two options he has available, as they are.

The decision is easy.

Done.
i totally agree
you shouldnt buy a supra for what other people want or for resale value
you should get it for you and for what you want
-Chris

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
if it was me, the turbo is cheaper so id go for it, maybe put 1300 get everything in tip top shape, then you got yourself a turbo supra, thats in the same shape as the n/a but turbo. But its all up to you. What ever you choose, its still a supra lol.

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
I say get the Turbo, but not that one... Wait for another one to come up, the mileage is not that bad but you're dealing with an old car with mileage and it's turbocharged so it may need some attention. Plus everything else that is non turbo related that will need replacing.

Wait it out and during that time save up for a turbo only car with lower mileage or at least one with less work needed.

But in the end i you'll really hurt yourself if you don't get the turbo, i'm not sure if you have driven one yet but you'll know at WOT.

·
Registered
271 Posts
You also didn't say if this was going to be your only transportation or not. If is something you can afford to take the time to refit go W/ the turbo. If you're going to have to press it into service right away then it becomes a matter of Which one is going to last the longest W/ the least amount of downtime. a ragged out NA is just as much a PITA to fix as a turbo. but that 1300 could be used to redo the brakes, suspension and a few other things as well.
Just my 3.5 cents(U.S.) worth
stoic

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
Larry_A said:
...Besides, Mississauga, Ontario doesn't sound like a place frequented by rare to North America engine parts deliveries. Give the guy a break & simply recommend one of the two options he has available, as they are...
eh, missi is in the toronto metro. there's thousands of supra freaks there. i'd highly suggest getting with some of them and begging for help....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts