Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Stock...LHD

Votes: 7 46.7%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmmm...already done this once...but anyways...

I'm going to be doing a 1jz conversion and will have all the parts to go for a right hand drive conversion...really sounds interesting to me. So what do you guys think?

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
original? I don't know...I just like the idea...plus I want to go through drive-throughs backwards...basically wang factor...like carbon fiber headlight covers and 10K rpm 7m's...

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
its like having a girl with her ass where her tits should be, just don't work right in the USA...
:lol: hahahahaha :lol:

Nah im just kiddin, I just had that come to my head for some reason....I say the only RHD cars in the USA should be skylines..

·
20G Boostin'
1,676 Posts
fatboy said:
its like having a girl with her ass where her tits should be, just don't work right in the USA...
:lol: hahahahaha :lol:
:lol:

yah, i dont get the RHD thing in north america, its only going to be a bitch to drive and get used to.. why bother?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
im kinda ambidextrious (sp???)...still i dont think id even be able to shift as fast as i would with my right hand.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
to take advantage of the other drive through lane at checkers (dunno about other places but local fast food joint in the south east.. at least FL) :)

For something differnet.. It gets boring seeing the same thing over and over... like the recent 240 sr craze... there are at least 10 in my podunk area.. you want something different... just my opinion

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
I like the RHD idea, very few RHD's in the states. You could really f- with people when you get in on the right. That and you could finally deliver mail in your Supra to rural areas :)

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
I've been talking to a couple people who own or have owned RHD vehicles, and they all love it, say it's very nice to drive.

I'm sure it would just take a little while to get used to, but not that bad.

The one thing to consider though, is that if you switch to RHD, the steering shaft will be on the same side as the turbo/exhaust. It's not that big of a deal, but it's just something else to have to work around when modifying things.

·
Banned
540 Posts
Just so you know their's also alot of parts you'll need that don't come with the clip, Jarco and a few other importers can get them, but it'll cost you for taking up there container space. You'll need the entire trans tunnel with the RHD E-brake, RHD window switches, RHD dash and center console, RHD climate control boxes (if you keep the climate control), RHD seats (if you don't upgrade, unless you like riding in the pass seat), RHD mirrors, some wiring harnesses here and there, and i'm sure i'm missing some things.

·
Supra { bhg: true }
376 Posts
I was thinking just recently how cool it would be to have a RHD supra. It would be very original and different. Although i agree with CtSupra, it would be a task learning how to shift with your left hand!

G

·
the only thing i can think of that would be wrong with it is when you driving on a 2 lane road behind a semi truck size chicken coop going 25 in a 50 and you want to pass, you gotta jump all the way into the other lane to be able to see. Other then that its cool

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
projectsupra said:
Just so you know their's also alot of parts you'll need that don't come with the clip, Jarco and a few other importers can get them, but it'll cost you for taking up there container space. You'll need the entire trans tunnel with the RHD E-brake, RHD window switches, RHD dash and center console, RHD climate control boxes (if you keep the climate control), RHD seats (if you don't upgrade, unless you like riding in the pass seat), RHD mirrors, some wiring harnesses here and there, and i'm sure i'm missing some things.
Thanks for pointing those things out but I've come up with ways around or to compramise with most of these. The tranny tunnel can stay...RHD E-brake isn't very important to me. The window switches I'll either have to work aorund or have the RHD units shipped from Japan. The dash, and possibly the center console, would come with the clip...the dash definately but the console is hit/miss. The logicon would have to be from a RHD...but it might come with the clip. All manual FD seats will be fitted into the car so seats aren't an issue. The mirrors I would have to have from a RHD car. The harnesses I can get to work from the existing 7m harnesses and splicing them into the 1jz harness here ad there.

Really seems like there were some other things I was discussing earlier but I can't think of what they are.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
What's the deal with the mirrors? Why would you need to change them?

·
JZA70 or go home!!
2,495 Posts
whould a lhd converted to a rhd be legal in the states? and if not how would it be able to be legal?

·
MKIV SUPRA FREAK
1,738 Posts
RHD would be awesome..Robert at Giunatie Auto is working on his RHD MKIII with a 1jz..Ohh pimp..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts