Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get asked seriously and jokingly to trade my supra all the time. Personally, no trade offer I have ever gotten has peaked my interest regardless of it being worth more. I went through a lot to find and negotiate/purchase my car. No other car would satisfy me like my supra, and would never trade it unless the trade offered was so terribly much more monetarily valuable, that I could easily sell it and get another supra plus a ton of cash.

However some don't feel this way. For some people, supras are their second love, and would trade for something else if it came along in a heartbeat.

I am curious - For people who love supras, but are less crazy about them than other vehicles, what would you trade for if it were offered to you?

For people who are like me, and the supra is a vehicle they see themselves owning until they take their final breath, which vehicle, perhaps with cash on top, would make it to where you just couldn't say no?

And por favor no bugatti veyron type answers, keep it realistic and in the same ballpark. Maybe a ~10-20k difference between the two in the other cars favor seeing as how most people have to drive across the country to buy their supras, and having one front and center for the other guy would be a huge premium.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
50 Honda Accords

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
816 Posts
A completed and running MKIV....:lol:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Personally, from a performance perspective nothing stock would be worth trading up for. Several members are putting down 1,000+ horsepower, so if they wanted another car with similar performance it would have to be an exotic valued over your $20-30k window.

Otherwise, it would need to be something highly modified as well. I don't think many cars would be as sexy as an MK4 in that price range. Plus Supra values continue to rise.

To answer your question, I would keep my supra.

·
Super Moderator
10,499 Posts
OP,

The short answer is I feel the way you do. For me, there is no substitute. I have yet to be able to answer the question, "If you moved on from your MKIV, what would it be?" I'm out of space, and I know I can't keep adding MKIVs to the stable even if I wasn't but, if nailed to the cross, I might be willing to give up one MKIV for a 993 Turbo S, or a 288 GTO, with cash on top, of course.

Ken.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm with OP and Ken,

I don't think I'd ever see myself putting the kind of money I have in my Supra into any other car. There is just nothing like it. The body lines, performance, and just raw bad assness from the 90's. Oh and you break necks everywhere. I just don't think other production cars from before or now have anywhere near the appeal of a Supra.

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
Why? There is a reason I bought the car 16 years ago and that has not changed.

·
Champagne Papi
5,695 Posts
The Supra is by far my favorite car.. there is nothing else out there for me and there likely never will. But I don't put as much importance into material things as others. I wouldn't necessarily trade my car for another but if god forbid something happened and if I were in a tight situation, the supra would probably be the first thing to go(as it has in the past). Some may try use that against me categorizing it as a weakness but I don't share that view.

·
2,275 Posts
Maybe a Built R34 GTR, or a mint, number matching 71 Cuda`

·
Registered
196 Posts
nothing, there is no other car that I enjoy more. of course, newer and more exotic and far more expensive stuff is objectively better on paper (let's face it, the supra is pretty old now), but I also didn't grow up wanting those new flashy toys.

·
SF Sexy Member
355 Posts
Thought about it long and hard.

hmmmm... my only trade is for world peace.

Other than that, no other car/thing/creature can substitute or replace the fat cat supra.

I'll save up for another car... but no trade.

·
Registered
314 Posts
You know it crazy, you ask that question and I am sitting here thinking seriously about it... like 20 minutes about it...that's a long time for a guy with the attention span of a gnat... and my mind draws a blank. I don't actually love a single other car as much as I love my MKIV. I mean in 24 months I plan to add a Skyline R33 to my stable but no.. nothing. I just love my supra that much. Nice question though. I'll continue to watch this post :)

-Matt

·
SupraForums Sponsor
574 Posts
If I had an MK4, I'd never get rid of it

I'd probably end up sinking a ton of money into it and being buried in it when I'm 110 years old (assuming advances in the medical field)

Nick C.

·
Registered
314 Posts
If I had an MK4, I'd never get rid of it

I'd probably end up sinking a ton of money into it and being buried in it when I'm 110 years old (assuming advances in the medical field)

Nick C.

What's this IF????? Time to go out there and GIT CHU ONE! It will be the best purchase of your life sir I guarantee it!

-Matt

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
NOTHING.

Steve K.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
NOTHING.

Steve K.
+1.

Also, there's a reason why quite a few members on here have had multiple MKIV's and others who have sold theirs in the past and are searching for another.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
574 Posts
What's this IF????? Time to go out there and GIT CHU ONE! It will be the best purchase of your life sir I guarantee it!

-Matt
I'm closing on my first house in June, after that and a few home improvements, I'll start saving again for new toys

I have a framed Supra poster in my office to stare at for the time being lol

Nick C.

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
816 Posts
I'm out of space, and I know I can't keep adding MKIVs to the stable even if I wasn't but, if nailed to the cross, I might be willing to give up one MKIV for a 993 Turbo S, or a 288 GTO, with cash on top, of course.

Ken.
Ken, your a kindred soul! A 993 Turbo S is as sexy and iconic as they come, I would love to have one in the stable someday! I will never forget being at a Porsche dealer just wondering around and looking when a owner picked his black beauty of a 993 Turbo S up from the dealer and made an rather appropriate departure!

Casey

1 - 20 of 72 Posts