Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am military stationed in Germany and I bought a 93 Supra with a swapped 2JZ. To take it back to the states I must be able to prove the year of the swapped engine. I know it is from a 95 Supra and by the time I am leaving Germany it will be 26 years old. I am trying to prepare in advance to ship it back to the states and need paperwork to prove it for the shipping company and customs. So where can I get the information about the manufactured year and documents stating that information is legit? I don’t want to leave the car behind and appreciate any help anyone can provide. Note: the car is a JDM

·
iSPOOL
1,059 Posts
I am military stationed in Germany and I bought a 93 Supra with a swapped 2JZ. To take it back to the states I must be able to prove the year of the swapped engine. I know it is from a 95 Supra and by the time I am leaving Germany it will be 26 years old. I am trying to prepare in advance to ship it back to the states and need paperwork to prove it for the shipping company and customs. So where can I get the information about the manufactured year and documents stating that information is legit? I don’t want to leave the car behind and appreciate any help anyone can provide. Note: the car is a JDM
Check to see if there is a serial number on the shortblock below the big 2JZ stamp.

·
iSPOOL
1,059 Posts
There's probably a decoder online somewhere. If I come across it I'll send it to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's probably a decoder online somewhere. If I come across it I'll send it to you.

Thanks I appreciate it. I’ll be on it this week looking for websites and places to find out what I need. Hopefully I can get it done.

·
iSPOOL
1,059 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts