Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new to the Toyota Supra. As in I only recently heard of the car and seen one for the first time in person.
I really like the way it looks was looking to buy this instead of driving what I got now. I was just wondering what year to go with I want the one with the 6speed manual with the twin turbo 3.0 V6 with or without the aero roof prefer to have tho. I like the 93-98 design and was looking at one of these is there a specific year that happend to have more power or better parts that anyone knows of?
Thanks

· Registered
444 Posts
Your going to get a lot of "Ban for not searching, and the 3.0 V6 comment"

Search.

Usually SF members will help out noobs who didn't search, but yor V6 comment will be the demise.

Supras have an inline 6. If you want a 6 Speed you cannot get a USDM 1996 model because they only came with Auto due to OBDII Emmissions problems. Otherwise, the different between the years is minimal.

· stop playin wit mah name
2022 Alpina XB7, 2022 F150
3,801 Posts
TT Supras had the same power and body style through all the years. Only slight cosmetic changes in the lighting and interior were made in 97/98. The 96-98 MK4s had better engine mounts as well (rubber) rather than liquid filled. The OBD2 ecu is the only real major difference between 93-95 and 96-98. Lastly, 6spd transmissions were available through all years except 1996.

I'd say get a 97/98 because they're newer of course and they have all the new and modern goodies that the owners of previous MKIVs go after. Particularly the headlights and taillights. Those "mods" alone run close to $1,000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.