Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it depends. Been out of the loop for awhile, trying to decide between a solid roller cammed SBC/Ltx 383 or stock cube Lsx t56 combo. leaning towards lsx because no optispark and lighter. and can still make 4 and change with a mild cam with 112-114 LSA. so idle is still stockish. thinking about doing this in a Nissan S chassis s13 or s14. I sold out long before the ls2 and ls3 came out. but been trying to catch back up and it seems the ls3 is a beast with just a mild H & C package. but even on stock ones it looks fine. have you got a chance to play with the ls3?

·
Just an old Redneck
2,550 Posts
Optispark is garbage. Sounds like you know that however. Cammotion is who I would talk to about a cam. AFR is doing some great headwork at less than a Dart/Brodex price. If you want to get trick, throw a cheap EMS in it and run a Turbo with low boost, you will see some excelent numbers. Here is a few shots of a Blue oval beater I hack.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mk4umha/ADRLBaytownTXMarch672009#

Well it depends. Been out of the loop for awhile, trying to decide between a solid roller cammed SBC/Ltx 383 or stock cube Lsx t56 combo. leaning towards lsx because no optispark and lighter. and can still make 4 and change with a mild cam with 112-114 LSA. so idle is still stockish. thinking about doing this in a Nissan S chassis s13 or s14. I sold out long before the ls2 and ls3 came out. but been trying to catch back up and it seems the ls3 is a beast with just a mild H & C package. but even on stock ones it looks fine. have you got a chance to play with the ls3?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No boost. just becomes a money pit. Years ago I had an MTI package with their T1 Hammer cam and a 125shot. and it was insane. figure that combo in a car 1200 lbs lighter would be enough. this was on an ls1 btw. Im gonna check Cammotion.

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Getting big block power out of a light weight LSX sounds to me the best option is boost is in or out of the question. It a lightweight body like that, it would be effortless to get into the low 11's or 10's.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah ls1's seem to like spray a lot more than boost. cam + 100shot is deep into the 11's in a full weight fbody. definitely would be 10's in a 240. but would rather get into the 10's on motor then have a 150 shot on top just in case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts